Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious as to how people are playing using the new Gene cards with the original game.

The rules state you should turn over 3 extra genes immediately after the leading player has chosen which genes they want to buy in phase 3.

What happens to these new genes after they are flipped and not bought by any players? Are they supposed to remain face up and an additional 3 cards are flipped each round, or do you shuffle in the cards not bought for the next round leaving at most only 3 new cards available each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lemonde
Canada
St-Hyacinthe
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.dragonsnocturnes.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be interesting to have an answer on this because I'm asking the same for myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Clason
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always played that once new genes are added, they are available for the rest of the game. While there is no rule that explictly states the the new genes are not removed from play if nobody buys them, there is no rule that states that they should be removed and shuffled in with the other new genes. Since removing genes would be an 'action', I would expect that there would be a rule to do so if it was expected. If there were other cases where new genes were added to the game and then removed, it might be reasonable that that rule also applied in this case, but there are no similar cases.

Bottom line: I'm pretty sure you do not remove un-bought genes from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.