Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
49 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Pandemic» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Pandemic - most unique game I know! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
Wow, if I ever needed rulebook for Pandemic, I would print this out.

I appreciate the effort you put into but this is not a review, sorry.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
Wow, if I ever needed rulebook for Pandemic, I would print this out.

I appreciate the effort you put into but this is not a review, sorry.


Actually it is! By very definition! Review can be personal or direct! This is a direct review! Nothing personal here, except the last two sentences.
For personal reviews, read sessions! Most sessions written here are personal reviews, with little examples from played game! Hard to stay in borders.
If you learn here all about the game, then this is a review. Even if I took every user comment and compile then into one, that also would be a review!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
binraix wrote:
Actually it is! By very definition! Review can be personal or direct! This is a direct review! Nothing personal here, except the last two sentences.


So, you say that all files created by users with rules summary that uploaded onto 'geek are actually... reviews? Sorry, but this stretches the very definition of a reviwe bit too far: from the review I would like to find out why I should (or shouldn't, FWIW) play the game, not how. Rulebooks deal with latter.

I, being not very well educated in terms of literature, know nothing about distinction between personal and non-personal reviews. But I can tell bad review from good one, at least as my personal preferences and tastes are concerned. This is bad review, in my opinion at least.

binraix wrote:
Even if I took every user comment and compile then into one, that also would be a review!


No, that would be compilation of opinion of others which is against the spirit of what should uploaded as a review.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:


No, that would be compilation of opinion of others which is against the spirit of what should uploaded as a review.


One user here have submitted like 70 "reviews" like that!!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
binraix wrote:
One user here have submitted like 70 "reviews" like that!!


And does it prove anything other than that geekmods dismiss their duties?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
binraix wrote:
One user here have submitted like 70 "reviews" like that!!


And does it proves anything other than that geekmods dismiss their duties?


No, I like it this way! There are like 20-30 reviews! They should be different! One does 100% personal, one only user commented and so on! Things need to be different!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
binraix wrote:
No, I like it this way! There are like 20-30 reviews! They should be different! One does 100% personal, one only user commented and so on! Things need to be different!


Sure they should be different. And diversity is required. But review still should be a review, not a plain summary of rules.

Sorry, I believe this leads to nowhere. I appreciate your effort, as I've said before, but will keep different opinion. I hope you don't mind, no offense was intended, should you not know.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
binraix wrote:
No, I like it this way! There are like 20-30 reviews! They should be different! One does 100% personal, one only user commented and so on! Things need to be different!


Sure they should be different. And diversity is required. But review still should be a review, not a plain summary of rules.

Sorry, I believe this leads to nowhere. I appreciate your effort, as I've said before, but will keep different opinion. I hope you don't mind, no offense was intended, should you not know.


No problem
Have a nice weekend!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
binraix wrote:
grouchysmurf wrote:
binraix wrote:
No, I like it this way! There are like 20-30 reviews! They should be different! One does 100% personal, one only user commented and so on! Things need to be different!


Sure they should be different. And diversity is required. But review still should be a review, not a plain summary of rules.

Sorry, I believe this leads to nowhere. I appreciate your effort, as I've said before, but will keep different opinion. I hope you don't mind, no offense was intended, should you not know.


No problem
Have a nice weekend!


But this is more a copy of the rules than a review. All you say from a reviewing perspective is that its unique....and that you like it...

Why do you like it? Why is it unique? I don't need all of the rules and components, I need a perspective on the game...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
binraix wrote:
grouchysmurf wrote:
binraix wrote:
No, I like it this way! There are like 20-30 reviews! They should be different! One does 100% personal, one only user commented and so on! Things need to be different!


Sure they should be different. And diversity is required. But review still should be a review, not a plain summary of rules.

Sorry, I believe this leads to nowhere. I appreciate your effort, as I've said before, but will keep different opinion. I hope you don't mind, no offense was intended, should you not know.


No problem
Have a nice weekend!


But this is more a copy of the rules than a review. All you say from a reviewing perspective is that its unique....and that you like it...

Why do you like it? Why is it unique? I don't need all of the rules and components, I need a perspective on the game...


Actually after this discussion here I got to thinking, and from now on I will make a little changes in my system of reviewing! I read a lot of reviews and there are some like I do, but more of them are like you ask here, so I try to do next one different! Will see, how it comes up!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read this article alongside the online rulebook posted on Z-man games' website here: http://www.zmangames.com/boardgames/files/pandemic/Pandemic_...

If this article were submitted as an academic paper, you would be kicked out of the university for plagiarism. Word for word, paragraph for paragraph, heading for heading it is identical to the source material, and was done without a single citation or attribution to the original work.

The only original thoughts are summed up here:
binraix wrote:
My Opinion
This game is the most unique game here! I like how the game is set up and how hard it is to win! The luck is important and how exiting the whole idea is! Super cool game!!!
MUST BUY!





5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean to tell me that all this time I could have been copying and pasting rulebooks as passing them off as reviews, all for the geek gold? I wish I had known sooner...

Brian
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
Oh boy.

As a sidenote, I've just noticed binraix keeps receiving thumbs from same people, all the time, no matter what he says. Additionally he thumbs up his own comments.

This is not to say it's not allowed. It's just... weird.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
Oh boy.

As a sidenote, I've just noticed binraix keeps receiving thumbs from same people, all the time, no matter what he says. Additionally he thumbs up his own comments.

This is not to say it's not allowed. It's just... weird.


Most likely a bot.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
byronczimmer wrote:
Most likely a bot.


Yeah, your post in which you to a site from where this 'review' was copied is also thumbed by OP.

whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
Most likely a bot.


Yeah, your post in which you to a site from where this 'review' was copied is also thumbed by OP.

whistle


Oh, you angry little people! While being on the Feel the love thread, people come there and say, that what ever you do or say, people always trash you up, make you a bot, or what ever! I see it more and more, I wonder only how do you play games - with the same angry clever face and just screwing everyone!
Get some friends and they thumb you too, that is all! And of course I thumb my own stuff, wouldn't you buy your own stuff! I believe in my stuff, so I thumb it!!! I'm used to thumb everything, but if you don't like them, OK No problem
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
grouchysmurf wrote:
Oh boy.

As a sidenote, I've just noticed binraix keeps receiving thumbs from same people, all the time, no matter what he says. Additionally he thumbs up his own comments.

This is not to say it's not allowed. It's just... weird.


Most likely a bot.


No bot! I wonder why people always assume that! There are people with like 100 000 given thumbs, so go talk with them! Give some thumbs out once in a while too, like others...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Angry? I don't know about that.

You plagiarized a publicly available rulebook and called it a review.

You copied word for word someone else's original work and called it your own.

You've been awarded geek badges for such activity.

That's disgusting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnes A.
Estonia
Keila
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh god!
Like really... Get a life or something! If you would know a shop where is possible to buy life, I would recommend that shop to you.
If you don`t know how he is doing reviews, then don`t say it...
Like really.... damn, I get angry...

And oh, I am also the freak who is giving my-self thumbs! Like really, what is happening now?! Probably going to hell because of that. devil
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LilyGirl wrote:
Oh god!
Like really... Get a life or something! If you would know a shop where is possible to buy life, I would recommend that shop to you.
If you don`t know how he is doing reviews, then don`t say it...
Like really.... damn, I get angry...

And oh, I am also the freak who is giving my-self thumbs! Like really, what is happening now?! Probably going to hell because of that. devil


No point, because they know it all!
Kiss ya, don't get angry, it is pointless! Little sad maybe..
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
LilyGirl wrote:
If you don`t know how he is doing reviews, then don`t say it...


But we know, he copies it from others and publishes as written by himself.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
LilyGirl wrote:
If you don`t know how he is doing reviews, then don`t say it...


But we know, he copies it from others and publishes as written by himself.


At least you nailed with your avatar
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnes A.
Estonia
Keila
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
LilyGirl wrote:
If you don`t know how he is doing reviews, then don`t say it...


But we know, he copies it from others and publishes as written by himself.


And I know as much as you "know" how he is doing them, that you are so little pathetic person... And with no tolerance at all... And you are also one of those people who are thinking that they know everything, but actually they don`t... Give you a little advice: sometimes you just should shut up!

And btw, I am thumbing again my comment laugh
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LilyGirl wrote:
grouchysmurf wrote:
LilyGirl wrote:
If you don`t know how he is doing reviews, then don`t say it...


But we know, he copies it from others and publishes as written by himself.


And I know as much as you "know" how he is doing them, that you are so little pathetic person... And with no tolerance at all... And you are also one of those people who are thinking that they know everything, but actually they don`t... Give you a little advice: sometimes you just should shut up!

And btw, I am thumbing again my comment laugh


Kuule pole mõtet nendega möliseda, las teevad oma joru! Nagu väikesed lapsed, las nad olla, nende oma asi, ise pole nad siia ju midagi lisanud! Neil on kindlasti nii vähe elu, et tõlgivad selle teksti ka veel guugelis ära!
Ja pöidla ma panen ka endale
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The OP still hasn't addressed the fact that he COPIED someone else's work and is taking credit for it...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.