Boian Spasov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
We are the knights who say...
badge
Ni!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say an investigator is devoured at the start of his upkeep by the Dust Deck of the Mummy GOO. When does his replacement enter play and when the replacement can act? Is the player supposed to wait a whole turn until the next upkeep phase? How about if an investigator is devoured during the movement phase?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't recall if there is anything official on this. Some start the new investigator from the next phase over, so if Dust Deck kills, movement phase (missing Upkeep doesn't matter since the new investigator can set his/her stats where they want). Others skip the rest of the turn for the investigator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
I replace them at the start of the next upkeep phase. So, with Quachil Uttaus, I'd start them right away. With Ghatanothoa, who devours during movement if the wrong chit is drawn, there are only three investigators to complete the Arkham and Other World Encounters phases.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
With Ghatanothoa, who devours during movement if the wrong chit is drawn, there are only three investigators to complete the Arkham and Other World Encounters phases.

Never cashed in trophies at Science Building only to have G devour you ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time I ever used him, on Mythos one, the first clue appeared at the Science Building and Mandy was devoured picking up the pair during movement.

The only reason it isn't a record is because she was second player.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiefer
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's all about the theme!
mbmbmbmbmb
blizzardb wrote:
Lets say an investigator is devoured at the start of his upkeep by the Dust Deck of the Mummy GOO. When does his replacement enter play and when the replacement can act? Is the player supposed to wait a whole turn until the next upkeep phase? How about if an investigator is devoured during the movement phase?

I think immediately is implied, but since most of my games are with groups, I tell the player that he can start has soon as he's ready but we won't wait for him. They always get the new investigator put together by the beginning of the next turn. When I play solo, I start the new investigator during the next Upkeep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.