Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Mal
Canada
Unspecified
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive been very excited about this since I first heard about it many months ago. I pre-ordered the week it was listed.

I have CC:A and exp. 2-3 and have friends with the whole Memoir '44 collection. Does anyone know if this will be a one box wonder like Battle Cry or if there will be 5+ expansions coming down the pipe? If there is only 1 release, I might try to complete the CC:A collection, otherwise, I may focus on the CC:N system.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the GMT page for C&C:N (emphasis mine):

Quote:
The core Wars of Napoleon game will feature French, British and Portuguese troops, while the expansions will showcase one Coalition army that opposed Napoleon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it the initial release will include blocks for troops from France, Britain and Portugal. Therefore I expect multiple expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bysouth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife is already concerned about this. She watched C&C: Ancients and Memoir 44 go from 2 boxes and a modest investment to 15 boxes and a considerable investment (for me (us) at least). It's lucky this game has such a lead in time to release date as my persuasive powers are going to rest on gradually wearing her down little and often over a long period of time. But hey, this is Napeleonics! Should become the ultimate version of this system and I am way past excited! Bring on the core game and the many expansions that will follow! Can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Does anyone know if this will be a one box wonder like Battle Cry or if there will be 5+ expansions coming down the pipe?

Kind of an amazing question, given the pre-order. GMT's initial announcement said French, Brits, Ports, and the game description on THIS site is also very clear.

Must be too much anxiety. Better finish CCA series first and relieve some of the stress and conflict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was very politely put! I've seen a lot of folks post questions about rules they clearly had not bothered to read, but this goes to a new level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Napoleon Total War comes out on the PC this week. Just buy that. $39.00! Plus you won't have to find folks to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Martin
Canada
Torbay
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
Napoleon Total War comes out on the PC this week. Just buy that. $39.00! Plus you won't have to find folks to play with.

I am persoanlly against expansions unless they are cheap in price, and the original box was desinged to accomodate them.

That is the main reason (plus cost) that I have steered clear of Borg's stuff so far..he's very expansion happy.

A board game is a single purchase, not a system. Don't pull the "razorblades" BS on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It will cost your first born. For those with no cildren fear not, there is still time to knock up a random chick or steal one from Haiti.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for expansions that just leaves the following armies:

Austrian
Russian
Prussian
Ottoman/Indian
American?

I wouldn't be surprised either if they don't have an epic Napoleonic battle expansion like the C&C A. If it is the same as the C&C A series but with bigger blocks, you are probably looking at a good $300 - 400 tops.

Although you could always wait a number have been produced and try the system out to see if you like it, then buy a large bulk order to save money. That is what I did to get my hands on Expansions 1 - 3, but I got the Epic battles separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh come on, everyone loves milk...right?

Borgs got Milk right now and everyone needs it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anjohl wrote:
Dorb wrote:

I am persoanlly against expansions unless they are cheap in price, and the original box was desinged to accomodate them.

That is the main reason (plus cost) that I have steered clear of Borg's stuff so far..he's very expansion happy.

A board game is a single purchase, not a system. Don't pull the "razorblades" BS on me.

What, so the better idea is to make the box 2 foot long, 3 foot wide, 1 foot deep, fill it with 2,000 blocks and stickers, and charge $500 for it? This is a game system which will allow players to fight out dozens of battles from the Napoleonic Era when it is complete; it's simply not practical to stick everything that everyone will want from this system into a single offering, from a variety of standpoints, size and cost being the two most prominent. You are entitled to your opinion, obviously, but plenty of us who are fans of M44, C&C:A, and, soon, C&C:N, think otherwise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.