Subject: Blu-tack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,
After playing a FF with the tiles and they moved arouund a bit, I noticed that there were a coupleof posts here about the Blu-tack/sticky-tack/poster putty. This games been out for a few months, I'm wondering if any of the users of the putty solution have noticed grease spots left behind? I'm going to pick some up, just wondering if leaving it set up for a couple of days will discolour the board. I like to try the same FF a few times over several days.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The various putty compounds definitely leave grease spots. I recommend removable two-sided tape. I use it for both CoH and ASL, with no evidence of residue over the years. The stuff I have is from 3M.

JR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Beaver
United Kingdom
Newcatle/Gateshead
flag msg tools
mb
Beware of blu-tack (or similar). I can't vouch for tape, but I found a simple solution by cutting a broad elastic band into smaller pieces and laying flat(ish)on the board. The overlays keep perfectly still and there's no risk of a mark or a tear.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,
I picked up a pack of the white UHU putty but I'm not sure if I'm going to attempt to use it. Twoe sided tape and cut elastic bands. Well they both sound good, thanks for the tips. I was looking for info from people thathad experience sticking their overlays down. I played Tide of Iron but never had an issue with overlays shifting like I have had with CoH.
Thanks
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Dabros
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it depends on the finish on the tiles. I use the UHU putty with my Memoir 44 tiles and I've never had a problem. With my Commands and Colors Ancients tiles though, I have had staining from the putty. I havn't used the overlay tiles in SoS yet so I can't help you there.

Cheers,
Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey David,
I tried the wide elastic band cut up nd laid in strips under the overlay. It works, I put a couple of pieces under each and they stayed put for the most part.I'm going to try the two sided tape maybe, but for now it's the way I'm going.
Thanks for the suggestion, I never would have thought of it.
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.