Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know when the next FAB game is due out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rumblings over at CSW FAB:Sicily should be coming to the P500 fairly soon. At least that was my interpretation. So, depending on when it actually makes the list and how fast the numbers climb I am betting at least 2 years before we see it in print as GMT has a ton of games to print before then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm taking the prototype of FAB Sicily to Prezcon this Tuesday through Sunday.

Assuming the people there find it as fun as I do, then it will hit the P500 list the end of this month / or early March.

If it ascends like a rocket up the list, it could see publication this fall.

If it's climb is slow and steady like FAB Bulge was, then two years is a good estimate.

In other words, order early and often
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I have it on auto-order so my order is technically in already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Brandon!

The good news is that Rick does not get enthusiastic unless the design is working very very well. He's very enthusiastic.

The bad news is that he has a developer who has a lot of "cosmetic" work to do and it will take two days short of forever for him to get it done.

There's really only one thing to do: PRE-ORDER THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUTTA THIS THING.

ninja

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear another game in the series is in the offering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris.

The system, from the playtests we've had so far, works even better in Sicily than it did in the Ardennes (and it worked pretty darn good there).

Kevin Garber and I played about 10 games at Prezcon, and Kevin has played well over 50 games of FAB Bulge.

Kevin and I kept playing, practically ignoring the rest of the convention around us because we were completely engaged and engrossed in Sicily.

Something unique that this game brings to the table over other Sicily games (apart from the blocky-assety FAB goodness) is that the Axis player deploys his units and then the Allied player chooses his beaches. You can go with Monty's plan, Patton's plan, or a hybrid plan of your own!

This adds an incredible amount of replay value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Rick Young wrote:
Thanks Chris.

The system, from the playtests we've had so far, works even better in Sicily than it did in the Ardennes (and it worked pretty darn good there).

Kevin Garber and I played about 10 games at Prezcon, and Kevin has played well over 50 games of FAB Bulge.

Kevin and I kept playing, practically ignoring the rest of the convention around us because we were completely engaged and engrossed in Sicily.

Something unique that this game brings to the table over other Sicily games (apart from the blocky-assety FAB goodness) is that the Axis player deploys his units and then the Allied player chooses his beaches. You can go with Monty's plan, Patton's plan, or a hybrid plan of your own!

This adds an incredible amount of replay value.

I got to watch some of this, and learn the game.

Definitely now on my buy list - a fine treatment of the Sicily operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
A picture I took while watching them have at it.

By the way, Rick, I just did purchase FAB: Bulge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
jvdv wrote:
Just received an auto-order e-mail from GMT Games, so I suppose it's on the P500 list now.

Yep _ I just P500ed it- over 100 in one day - impressive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.