Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Coffman
United States
Timberville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my biggest complaints about the new A&A is its lack of plastic pieces for industrial complexes, AA guns, air bases, and naval bases. While it's easy to replace major industrial complexes and AA guns with parts from earlier versions of the game, I'm currently either searching for replacement miniatures from other war games or thinking about sculpting my own parts.

Does anyone have any suggestions that fit the scale of common A&A pieces? I'm painting my set so the base color of the new pieces doesn't matter. My first thought was a Monopoly house or hotel for the minor industrial complex, but I'm still stumped for the air and naval bases.

If I did end up sculpting these new pieces myself what similarly abstract shape do you think would be fitting? Would anyone be interested in some for themselves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeno (sp?) Games makes some smaller I.C.'s. And if your a DIY kinda person, I seen a pic somewhere of a guy who cut one section off of the regular I.C. and lowered the stacks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
For naval bases you could take a look at the ditto from War! Age of Imperialism. I can't find a good picture on the Geek, but it's a mini of some naval supplies like an anchor and a barrel etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis maclaren

Oregon
msg tools
try litko aerosystems,http://www.litkoaero.com/page/LAI/JIMSLAB they have many custom tokens for all kinds of games and if you scroll down their "product lab" page to almost the bottom, you'll find airbase, naval base and factory tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Raymond
United States
Pinellas Park
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of using houses or hotels from the regular Monopoly game, I would use the new industrial buildings from Monopoly City. They look exactly like the factories from A&A. Unfortunately, there are only 8 1-block industrial buildings and 4 2-block industrial buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hayes
Canada
Niagara Falls
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking for the airbases, of gluing a nut (of nuts and bolts fame) to the top a Sorry! piece. Sort of to simulate an air traffic control tower. This might be too top heavy though so maybe a washer onto the base would help. I think this might clutter up the already too small islands though. Blow up boxes would have really helped with this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
eggsaladsandwich wrote:
try litko aerosystems,http://www.litkoaero.com/page/LAI/JIMSLAB they have many custom tokens for all kinds of games and if you scroll down their "product lab" page to almost the bottom, you'll find airbase, naval base and factory tokens.

Used to be. Gone now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Engbjerg
Denmark
Middelfart
fün
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I toke the factory’s from the older game and uses them.
I have cut off one of the chimneys and sanded it at the bottom to lower it. For the minor factory’s and used the regular for major

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cassarino
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Litko is still making tons of tokens.......

http://www.litko.net/categories/Shop-By-Compatible-Game-Syst...

Though, I do prefer scavanging my old A&A games for pieces rather than tokens, but YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.