France
Brest
flag msg tools
A pity we can't place microbadges there
badge
Hello
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

despite reading the rules, and browsing too many posts, there are few points which are still not clear to me, and I would be grateful if you could clarify them:

1) if a SM has a GS right in front of him (i.e. next tile/square) does he have to fight in close assault or can he shoot? Appart from defending himself or if he has a special bonus, I can't see a reason why a SM would engage in close assault;

2) similaly, can the guy with the flamer fire at the next tile in front of him (or the same board section where he stands) without perishing in flames?

Thanks,

TOG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) As often as this question has come up (even under 1st and 2nd Ed rules), I'm surprised it's not explicitly stated in the rulebook. There is nothing requiring you to enter into melee, either Genestealer or Marine. If there's a stealer right in front of you, you can either attack him with your Power Glove, Sword, etc, or just shoot him. I suggest shooting him, it's the only way to be sure.

2) If the flamer is on the *edge* of one tile, he fire right into the next time without any damage to himself. There's nothing in the rules saying he cannot fire into the same tile (at least I don't think there is) the he is in, and in fact in the 1st Ed, a flamer could "self-destruct", destroying everything in his tile section without rolling (including himself) as long as he had one ammo left. So, I think in 3rd Ed, it's all right for the flamer to flame himself...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I suggest shooting him, it's the only way to be sure.

Shooting him 10-15 times seems safer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.