uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone be interested in an online ZunTzu tournament? We have finalized a series of games that are not in the SoS firefight book and we could play either as teams or in a round robin tournament. Maybe Americas vs Europeans & Asians?

Commanders would play each side of a firefight and would score similar to Bundesliga rules. 3pts for a win, 1pt for a tie. Overall score differentials would then determine the overall winner(s).

A round would be played once each week or two. Round results would be posted for each team and I would expect a lot of ridiculing of the losing side. If someone wants to help, we could even show the progress of the battle, based on the results on a map of Kursk.

We would need some type of prize. Maybe having a unit in one of the upcoming games named after the overall winner.

Let me know what you think.

We also have a progressive set of firefights being built, where a player's progress determines what happens in following firefights.

Ideas and comments?

Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nolan Guthrie
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
It is a wargame!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would if ZunTzu worked for a Mac.
Nolan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd certainly be interested in playing. It would great to play some international games and some team games. I also run a Mac but I'd be willing to suffer running a Windows virtual machine for a little CoH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,
This sounds interesting. I've never used Sun Tzu or skype. Just loaded up the Gamebox and looks cool. I might be up for it. Have to find a bit more about it all, andmake sure I have this game down. Haven't had a FtF of it yet.
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of progressive FFs. Might give the feel of a campaign, and you just might get attached to a stubborn squad. I'm still going through the solos, waiting to find a local player, and I think I'd like to try online.
Chris
sorry for two separate posts here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Oatman
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a great idea. Though it may be difficult to schedule gamers availability between the US and Europe or Asia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Høygaard Jensen
Denmark
Copenhagen
Denmark, Europe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
We would need some type of prize. Maybe having a unit in one of the upcoming games named after the overall winner. :)Uwe

but you cant name a team after one person? and coh does not have leaders, like cc has...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Ill play
Maybe the mac users could use Vassal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tournament idea is great (I definitely want in!!!!), but: as pointed out before, there is 7-10 hours difference between Europe and USA. So - logistics is important, or first division - should be according to time zones. Those who will have survived the first stage of tournament (lit. most motivated) probably will be willing to sacrifice one night/week to play 'between zones'. I really like the idea of 'getting' to Kursk in subsequent FFs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCormley
United States
SD
California
flag msg tools
OUCH!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim,
Your new avatar is the most distracting I have ever encountered.
Uwe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point Marcin, maybe the continent thing is not a good idea. It may be best to pair players against each other via time zones. I would like to keep the concept of teams though. That one side plays the Soviets and the other the Germans. This way it will be easier to determine the overall flow of the battle. Any further ideas are welcomed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Limburgerhof
flag msg tools
Designing game modules for the Zuntzu online gaming platform
badge
The Art of War
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun, I'd like to participate, if German time zone can be considered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, cool Idea - but since i´m new to the CoH-Series and just started with Sos i assume i wouldn´t make it that far

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if Poland's on Germany's side this time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCormley
United States
SD
California
flag msg tools
OUCH!
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
Tim,
Your new avatar is the most distracting I have ever encountered.
Uwe

It's working!

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope that it is not some fat guy staring at me! LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MarcinW wrote:
What if Poland's on Germany's side this time?

Marcin, from what I have been reading of Polish history, this would not be a bad thing! LOL. Poland loved to fight! Remind me never to make you mad in a bar, but just to buy you another beer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowan Yote
msg tools
I would definitely be interested in playing, if you are still setting up the tournament or are going to set up another round of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.