BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Help IDing a game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: mystery-game-resolved [+] [View All]
Alex Quinn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hi everyone I am new to the site and I am hoping someone can help me ID a game I played as a child. I was born in '86 but I have an older brother born in '82, so I am guessing it is an 80's game but I can't really narrow it down any more than that. It was a board game that had a marble that you had to guide through an obstacle course. I remember one portion of the game had parallel bars (like in gymnastics) that you could widen in order to get the marble to move down them and underneath was a graphic of water with an aligator. I also remember a part that had you change ramps from declines to inclines in order to move the ball down the course. We used a ball bearing as the marble, but I am not sure if that is what came with the game or that what we used after losing the ball that came with it.

I think there was also a shoot or slide that you had to move side to side to get the marble to the next station.

Sorry I can't think of any other parts of the game but I hope you all can help me!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cartwright
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is the marble obstacle course I had in the 80's.

http://wagcollectibles.com/images/runragged.jpg

I dont know if its the exact one you are lookiong for. but many of these exist today even as smaller versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Quinn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
This is very close to the version I had! Thank you so much!

- I just looked into it a bit more and found that I had the version called SNAFU, I only know this because it has an aligator in the water image unlike Run yourself Ragged.

Thank you again, I already ordered SNAFU off of ebay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cartwright
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
no problems. I searched SNAFU out of interest, and the webpages with the dodgy acronym of S.N.A.F.U aside, it appears SNAFU the game is made by TOMY, who also made run yourself ragged... I thought it was strange when I saw the obstacle course was exactly the same... just the base graphics are different - as you said, SNAFU has an Croc in the pond.

Have fun with your new toy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.