joel hansen
United States
Wautoma
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My second game of summoner wars I played with my wife. She wouldn't choose fantasy themed games, but she plays them with me because she can tell how much enthusiasm I have for them.

Plus it's fair to note that I do the dishes, though I wouldn't choose them, which I think means I get the worse end of that comparison....

So the game was easy to teach her, and apart from her not knowing what might appear in her Guild Dwarves deck, she seemed to easily get into the game.

As I had definitely taken time to get to know most of the cards in all four faction decks, I probably had a good advantage. (I didn't intentionally keep her in the dark, I explained the effect cards she hadn't seen in her hand yet)

No Dwarven Champions made it into her hand, let alone the battlefield for probably 5 turns. Which means that My Cave Goblins were wasting her common units....

The most exciting fact was that though she knew that she would almost definitely lose (unless i rolled 20 or so consecutive ones and twos) and she was tempted to chuck the cards at me, she stayed and fought to the bitter end. I am proud, and blessed that the game was engaging enough for her, and that my wife loves me enough to allow me to destroy her armies occasionally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tonini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was luckyer: she won hands down, maybe we'll play again

First play my goblin vs her dwarves and we both hadn't had any experience with the game.
I didn't protect well enough my summoner and she cought it with a powered champ (4 or 5 dice, don't remember) and scored 3 hits.
Then again with a powered common: 3 dice --> 3 hits.
Then she destroyed one of my walls (2 besiege the walls is a brutal one two! :O) and then rushed at me with one common: one dice --> one hit, and my summoner bought it.
Nice game, by the way ^____^

Shard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.