Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll state right off that I did do a search here and found some threads discussing this and similar issues, but it seemed from what I could tell that there was debate over ruling on this, so I just wanted to see if there has since been a clear ruling.

Specifically, I am playing an action card that says "produce 3 resources" meaning, three rocks. It says nothing else. However, by doing this, I would be pushing myself into the next corruption bracket. Since there is no mention on the card that I should apply corruption (though some cards specifically state to ignore corruption...which provides the confusion), I am playing that I do NOT apply corruption until the end of the turn at the normal time...

Sound right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get consumption or corruption during the production phase, or if an event card causes you to get another production phase, not just 'produce some rocks'. Some rocks appearing in your empire, no corruption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tarheel wrote:
I'll state right off that I did do a search here and found some threads discussing this and similar issues, but it seemed from what I could tell that there was debate over ruling on this, so I just wanted to see if there has since been a clear ruling.

Specifically, I am playing an action card that says "produce 3 resources" meaning, three rocks. It says nothing else. However, by doing this, I would be pushing myself into the next corruption bracket. Since there is no mention on the card that I should apply corruption (though some cards specifically state to ignore corruption...which provides the confusion), I am playing that I do NOT apply corruption until the end of the turn at the normal time...

Sound right?

Correct.

To address the source of your confusion with the card wording, notice that ones which state "ignore corruption" all involve your mines producing. The ones that make no mention at all of corruption simply give you free stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever an event card says that your MINES or FARMS produce stuff, you're basically taking a production phase out of the usual order, so corruption and consumption apply unless the card explicitly states an exception. Whenever an event card simply tells you to produce stuff, without mentioning mines or farms, you're not taking a production phase. You're just receiving an amount of rocks/food equal to your max production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortuna wrote:
Whenever an event card says that your MINES or FARMS produce stuff, you're basically taking a production phase out of the usual order, so corruption and consumption apply unless the card explicitly states an exception. Whenever an event card simply tells you to produce stuff, without mentioning mines or farms, you're not taking a production phase. You're just receiving an amount of rocks/food equal to your max production.

This is exactly where I had some confusion. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.