11 Posts

Kingsburg: To Forge a Realm» Forums » Rules

Subject: secret Deals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitry Nikitin
Russia
flag msg tools
Please help me,I can`t understand Destiny Card "Secret Deals".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Never played with the cards, but it seems to me that:)

Everyone places one token on a person/advisor.
You can only put your dice on advisors with no token and/or your own token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
It's as BaSL wrote.
Essentially, for a year you cannot influence Advisors chosen by the opponents unless you've also chosen them.

Example: Andrea puts his token on the Queen. I put mine on the Jester. What do you do? If you put your token on a different Advisor, you won't be able to influence neither the Queen nor the Jester, but both your opponents won't be allowed to influence "your" Advisor. If you go on the Jester, you (and I) cannot influence the Queen (while Andrea cannot influence the Jester) but keep open the option of the Jester (and similarly, if you go on the Queen, you keep her option available for you rather than "reserving" a different Advisor only for you).

Is it clearer now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Nikitin
Russia
flag msg tools
Ок.Thank you very much, we went on chopped in Game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never understood how for this card everyone doesn't just secretly deal with the same person and then its like the card never landed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We guessed that the envoy would let you influence an advisor that has a secret deal token not your own on it, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Dexsting wrote:
We guessed that the envoy would let you influence an advisor that has a secret deal token not your own on it, correct?

No, sorry.
The envoy lets you influence an Advisor already influenced, but you're still subject to the rules of "Secret Deals" (i.e. no token = you cannot influence).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adalberto Manoel Junior
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hello Lucca,congratulation for the game, it´s a great sucess in our group from Brazil.
Yestarday, we had a new doubt related the card secret deals.
Can I influence an advisor with my token that has already been influenced by another player that also has a token in this advisor ?
Thanks,
Adalberto Junior

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
adalbertomjr wrote:
Hello Lucca,congratulation for the game, it´s a great sucess in our group from Brazil.
Yestarday, we had a new doubt related the card secret deals.
Can I influence an advisor with my token that has already been influenced by another player that also has a token in this advisor ?
Thanks,
Adalberto Junior

Yes, you can... but only if you have a way to influence an already influenced Advisor (e.g. the Royal Envoy).
(I am glad that you are enjoying the game! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Secret Deals
Hi, All -- This thread has been cold for nearly three years, but some of us new to the game had an even simpler question about the "Secret Deals" card last night ... just the mechanics of how/when to place the markers:

Are the markers places based on the Spring dice roll only, and then remain there during the rest of the year? Or do we re-roll and re-locate them after each of the three productive seasons? Or are neither of our guesses correct?

Thanks! -- Chuck Berry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
betsychuck wrote:
Hi, All -- This thread has been cold for nearly three years, but some of us new to the game had an even simpler question about the "Secret Deals" card last night ... just the mechanics of how/when to place the markers:

Are the markers places based on the Spring dice roll only, and then remain there during the rest of the year? Or do we re-roll and re-locate them after each of the three productive seasons? Or are neither of our guesses correct?

My original text says (in Italian): "Each player (following player order) must place..." etc. I hope the English text is not missing it.

You use the current "initiative" order (since the Destiny card is drawn at the start of the year, it'll be the order of the previous Autumn; if it is the first year, the random order you determined during setup).

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.