Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this game in a masstrade which is fine. Only problem is, it is in dutch and I do not speak a word dutch . How big is the language dependancy in this game? I saw that there are some cards involved? What if I buy an expansion in german, do they replace the cards used in the basegame?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes, the cards have some text on them - not a huge amount. a cheat sheet per player would do the job. each player only gets about 7 cards and only about 1/2 of them have text on. [these are the combat cards]

there are also some 'communal' cards with some text on them - again a cheat sheet would do as there is little text - it is mainly 'look at the picture and that will tell you what you need to know'

- I don't have an expansion - but i am pretty sure they have cards that you can use instead of the base game - so that would fix any problem. I know some people don't like the expansion cards as they are 'too powerful' so you may still want to try the base cards...

[anyway - who doesn't want to learn a bit of dutch??]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto Cabrera
Mexico
Mexico
D.F.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check the language dependency of any game in the main page of the game itself (in the basic description).

The only thing I have to say is that the cards do need some pasteups (some have special abilities but most of them have icons to represent something) but other than that you can search the rulebook in different languages here on the geek or the main page of the distributor of the edition in your language (if there's any, but I guess there is...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks. Now I just need to know if the cards of the expansions exchange the cards of the basegame or are they just added to the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alcator Czechia
msg tools
A Clash of Kings expansion offers 9 separate enhancements for the original game. One of those separate enhancements is a completely new set of hero cards. In other words you can decide to play with the original 7 heroes for each of the 5 houses, or you can exchange them for 7 NEW, stronger heroes from the expansion. You CANNOT combine heroes from the original set with the heroes from expansion in no way -- it's either "everyone using original heroes", or "everyone using new heroes".

For the 6th house (Martel), I believe there are actually 2 sets with 7 cards each -- one which is ballanced for the original set of heroes of other houses, and one which is the "expansion's, stronger set". Not sure about this, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil G
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there are two sets for Martell in A Clash of Kings.
And I can confirm that using expansion in other language than the original is ok. (I have Polish edition AGoT, and English edition ACoK - works well)

Additinally in second expansion (ASoS) you have both new battle cards for each house and new westeros cards - in case you would like to get rid of usage of dutch cards from the basegame completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.