Gettysburg» Forums » General

Subject: On the fence... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I'm on the fence about this game. I love Waterloo, but reading the rules for this it sounds like you spend more time managing command and order blocks than fighting the battle. Also, assuming the map is the same size as in Waterloo, and the areas similar, it looks pretty crowded when you add in command blocks, order pieces, up to four units, various disorder/entrenchment/fire markers and damage cubes--for both sides in combat areas--sounds like a major traffic jam. Last, and more of a question, the infantry do not lay down (as they did defensively in W) ever in this game? I see artillery does if hit, and does not recover? Again, I love Waterloo, and there is a lot to Gettysburg that draws me--so if anyone has experience with it in the design/play test stages, I'd appreciate comments. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.