Subject: Bakehouse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wonham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

can someone confirm the BakeHouse costs ONE OVEN AND THREE STONE? We played last night and there was some discussion about whether:

1) You had to give ALL your ovens back (if you had both stone and clay)
2) It was an either/or for the overn and stone cost.

Cheers

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwonham wrote:
Hi

can someone confirm the BakeHouse costs ONE OVEN AND THREE STONE? We played last night and there was some discussion about whether:

1) You had to give ALL your ovens back (if you had both stone and clay)
2) It was an either/or for the overn and stone cost.

Cheers

Mike

1 Oven, of your choice, and 3 stone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to quickly note that the wood-fired oven or the Baker's oven can be returned instead of the Clay or Stone oven if you have one of them in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jebry wrote:
Just to quickly note that the wood-fired oven or the Baker's oven can be returned instead of the Clay or Stone oven if you have one of them in play.

Technically, they are minors and cannot be "returned" to the board, they must be discarded instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Rothermel
msg tools
We actually had a disagreement about whether the Wood-fired Oven could be used to satisfy the cost of "Returning an Oven". I wasn't able to find anything in the rulebooks, but my friend said he knew you can't replace a Simple Fireplace with a Cooking Hearth (although there are posts here to contradict that statement as well). Is there a definitive ruling about using Minor Improvements to pay for "Oven" and "Fireplace" costs on cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
thirdender wrote:
We actually had a disagreement about whether the Wood-fired Oven could be used to satisfy the cost of "Returning an Oven". I wasn't able to find anything in the rulebooks, but my friend said he knew you can't replace a Simple Fireplace with a Cooking Hearth (although there are posts here to contradict that statement as well). Is there a definitive ruling about using Minor Improvements to pay for "Oven" and "Fireplace" costs on cards?

If it says "Oven" it is an Oven.

If it says "Fireplace" it is a Fireplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
thirdender wrote:

Your friend is, I'm sorry to say, misinformed. You absolutely can swap in the Simple Fireplace for a hearth. That's why it's called a fireplace. Likewise, the Wood-fired Oven may be swapped in for the Bakehouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
thirdender wrote:

Yes, this is pretty comprehensively covered in the Agricola Compendium, available here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo/34558. Eugene van der Pijll has done a stellar job of putting it together and it can frequently resolve issues such as this.

I strongly recommend that you download it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juxtatype wrote:
thirdender wrote:

Yes, this is pretty comprehensively covered in the Agricola Compendium, available here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo/34558. Eugene van der Pijll has done a stellar job of putting it together and it can frequently resolve issues such as this.

I strongly recommend that you download it. :)

While I always strongly recommend Eugene's work on the Compendium I must always add a qualifier: This document is largely a compilation of real rulings from Hanno and Uwe, but there are rulings made up by Eugene himself. These rulings are based on his interpretations of the cards as well as forum consensus on this site and the Lookout Games forums. If there is a ruling you strongly disagree with, then by all means play your own way. I usually post a thread and incite riots over my disagreements though (see my thread about Hedgekeeper and Sawhorse).

Again, if you don't have the Compendium, download it and use it, but do so with an open mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
btizo wrote:
While I always strongly recommend Eugene's work on the Compendium I must always add a qualifier: This document is largely a compilation of real rulings from Hanno and Uwe, but there are rulings made up by Eugene himself.

Absolutely -- point taken. However, the relevant section in the Compendium on the Bakehouse is, in fact, a "real ruling".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.