Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I downloaded the app for my iPhone and really cannot figure out what the objective is. What am I trying to accomplish?

And how does one get more Pygmies? After a while, my sole islander jumps in the sea and I know not what to do anymore.

Can someone point me to a beginner's guide or give me some quick tips?

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no goal. There are like tons of things you can do with the little people like strike them with lightling, or make earth quakes, or call the dinosaurs, or make them fish, or make them shark bait, make them zombies to eat each other's brain, turn into ghosts after you kill them and haunt others or possess them etc. There is a tutorial int he game that tells you how to do those things.

Ok to answer your question, when you start the game, lok at the left top corner, tap on the plus sign, it will add back all your people. Tab on the little triangel next to that to pull out the menu. You can change islands, weather etc. There is a ? all the way on the right that will tell you all the cool things yo u can do to the people.

It's not really a game, it's just a toy I guess, you amuse yourself with every time there is an update for few min.You can even rename your people on one of the options in the menu. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
I read a tech article on cnn.com last week (can't find it now) where the game authors admitted that the game didn't really have a point. They entered it in some contest to see who can create the best app in a specified time period - I think it was one day, or maybe just a few hours. It went viral after that, and they started updating and improving it with user suggestions. But it still doesn't seem to have a point or goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
I read a tech article on cnn.com last week (can't find it now) where the game authors admitted that the game didn't really have a point. They entered it in some contest to see who can create the best app in a specified time period - I think it was one day, or maybe just a few hours. It went viral after that, and they started updating and improving it with user suggestions. But it still doesn't seem to have a point or goal.

So a remake of Populous went viral? You would think that would catch the attention of the folks at EA, no?

Oh look, somebody DID remake it...for the Nintendo DS (a real game platform that costs half as much as a crappy iPhone).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Sinister Dexter wrote:

So a remake of Populous went viral? You would think that would catch the attention of the folks at EA, no?

Oh look, somebody DID remake it...for the Nintendo DS (a real game platform that costs half as much as a crappy iPhone).

iphone is not crappy.
besides sometimes you just don't want to carry your DS with you (like most of the time unless you expect delays and need to kill a big amount of time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.