The Republic of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of questions concerning Prosecutions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martyn Joines
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry if these questions have been asked before - I've looked through previous postings but haven't found definitive answers...

Rule 1.09.421 states that 'A senator accused in a Prosecution may appeal to the people when his faction is called upon to vote.' Does the result of the Popular Appeal (a) replace his faction's vote or (b) add to / subtract from his faction's vote? I'm assuming (b), otherwise there'd be limited circumstances when a Popular Appeal would be worth considering - but the Rulebook isn't explicit.

The second question concerns the use of Advocates (Advanced Rule 2.05). This all seems reasonably straightforward to me - and I thought I understood it - however, 2.05.1 suggests the Advocates rules add a 'moderate level of complexity' and I'm wondering if I've misunderstood it, because:- the Popular Appeal / Trials Table has a first column headed '2d6 + Pop' (which is intended for the result of the Popular Appeal dice roll) and, in blue, 'Final Verdict*'. I get the 'Popular Appeal' part, but what I thought we're measuring here, when checking the result of a Trial is not the 'Final Verdict', but the Trial Votes (i.e. the Advocate's Oratory - Prosecutor's Oratory +2d6). In other words, is the use of 'Final Verdict' just a confusing header title on this column (and should it be 'Trial Votes'?), or am I totally misunderstanding how Advocates work?

Thanks again for all your help.

TrapperJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
TrapperJ wrote:
Sorry if these questions have been asked before - I've looked through previous postings but haven't found definitive answers...

Rule 1.09.421 states that 'A senator accused in a Prosecution may appeal to the people when his faction is called upon to vote.' Does the result of the Popular Appeal (a) replace his faction's vote or (b) add to / subtract from his faction's vote? I'm assuming (b), otherwise there'd be limited circumstances when a Popular Appeal would be worth considering - but the Rulebook isn't explicit.

The second question concerns the use of Advocates (Advanced Rule 2.05). This all seems reasonably straightforward to me - and I thought I understood it - however, 2.05.1 suggests the Advocates rules add a 'moderate level of complexity' and I'm wondering if I've misunderstood it, because:- the Popular Appeal / Trials Table has a first column headed '2d6 + Pop' (which is intended for the result of the Popular Appeal dice roll) and, in blue, 'Final Verdict*'. I get the 'Popular Appeal' part, but what I thought we're measuring here, when checking the result of a Trial is not the 'Final Verdict', but the Trial Votes (i.e. the Advocate's Oratory - Prosecutor's Oratory +2d6). In other words, is the use of 'Final Verdict' just a confusing header title on this column (and should it be 'Trial Votes'?), or am I totally misunderstanding how Advocates work?

Thanks again for all your help.

TrapperJ

1) Add to the vote
2) Confusing header
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Joines
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great, thanks John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.