Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are clear that the CM does not announce the target number when announcing a trap. But in cases where a trap can be disarmed using more than one attribute, and the target numbers are not the same for each attribute, can the CM announce which attribute has the higher target number?

For example (pulling from Cryptmaster), the Living Ooze trap reads "Disarm: Skill 3 or Magic 5". The CM announces that either Skill or Magic can be rolled. But does he announce that more Magic will be required than Skill, so the raiding player can make an informed decision?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would vote no, as the raiding player would probably go with whatever attribute is their party's strongest anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no as well. The target number is secret, as is the relationship between the two. That's how I would play it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game design's intent for Traps, as stated in the publisher-approved FAQ, is that they be as secret as possible. So I'm very confident in saying that you should reveal as little as possible. Just character(s) and trait(s)....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Stapp
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. This game is all about screwing "that guy" over worse than he screwed you over. You keep all info hidden except the parts you absolutely must tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification folks -- much appreciated. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.