Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Conquest» Forums » News

Subject: Conquest & Grand Conquest are now being reprinted by Numbskull Games! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Numbskull Games has acquired to rights to Conquest & Grand Conquest, and will now begin reprinting them. The publisher, Patrick Stevens, also has the metal molds for the figures, so the games will feature the same metal pieces as the original. The website is www.numbskullgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are also the 3 & 6 player board variants:

http://www.numbskullgames.com/shop/page/37?shop_param=

http://www.numbskullgames.com/shop/page/36?shop_param=
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good news. Donald Benge taught me "Conquest" at Origins--I think it was '82. He struck me as a brilliant, focused and rather intense guy, but his enthusiasm for "Conquest" sold me on a two-player (plastics) copy.

More recently, I've been wishing I'd sprung for the four-player. I'm very glad to hear that it will be available for a new generation, and look forward to picking up a copy of "Grand Conquest," especially in metal this time.

Congratulations and good luck to the publishers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Nostalgia! I played it in college a few times long long ago, then played a new edition at Essen a couple years ago and was close to buying it, but for lack of luggage space, and my SO being less into it than I... I'm hoping that was because it was the 4-player version, and that she'd like 2-player more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Mabilangan
Australia
Campbelltown
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Mabilangan
Australia
Campbelltown
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea on when this will be available and where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conquest is an outstanding game. I've owned several versions over the years, starting with the original die-cut counter edition in the early 1970s. The web link seems to mention only metal pieces, is that true? I've got the standard pieces for 4-player, and Conquest+ pieces for 2-player, but all in plastic (very nice plastic).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick stevens
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
mbmbmbmbmb
Available now. Numbskullgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.