Subject: Fires of Midway Introduction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Cunliffe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
The Battle of Midway was the climactic carrier engagement of the Pacific War. Nerve-wracking and intense, the battle was decided by timing, strategy and luck. In the span of only four minutes the war in the Pacific was changed forever. The chance convergence of the Enterprise and Yorktown Strike Groups between 10:22 and 10:26 AM on June 4th led to the devastation of the Japanese flattops and sparked the infernos which would engulf the Japanese Empire.

The Fires of Midway is a game about strategy, opportunity and daring in which two players, one American and one Japanese fight to create a new outcome to one of the most decisive naval engagements of all time. The game includes rules to recreate all four of the 1942 carrier battles and to link the engagements together in an extended campaign.

The game has a extensive solitaire and advanced rules, and includes additional ordinance and payload options for American bombers.

The Fires of Midway will be available in May from Clash of Arms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike E.
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Stephen. You were kind enough to run through a couple of playtest rounds of Fires of Midway with me at Origins last year, so I'm really happy to hear that the game will be out in a few months. It had a lot of great features (I especially remember the different types of aircraft having different properties, plus the tension of trying to detect the enemy while readying your carrier airfleet resources for attack or defense). FoM is definitely on my wishlist--best wishes for great success with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cunliffe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
I remember, it was good playtesting with you Mike. I look forward to seeing what you think of the final product!

S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Heath
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add this to my wishlist!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It looks like a Down in Flames copy, what are the differences? I know it's said to be strategic, but the cards do have a tactical look...

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.