7 Posts

Power Grid: Factory Manager» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leftover market tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Zale
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally there are tiles left in the market after all purchasing has been completed. What happens to the leftover tiles? Are you supposed to leave them there for the following turn or are they discarded from play? I've been assuming that you leave them in the market, so that it continually grows from turn to turn, but just wanted to check if that is correct.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonyzale wrote:
Generally there are tiles left in the market after all purchasing has been completed. What happens to the leftover tiles? Are you supposed to leave them there for the following turn or are they discarded from play? I've been assuming that you leave them in the market, so that it continually grows from turn to turn, but just wanted to check if that is correct.

Thanks

From the rules

Page 5 wrote:
When all players have completed their turns, return all remaining factory tiles in the market to their spaces on the storage board, so that they are available for the next round.
This is also true of the X tiles, if they are not bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Zale
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

From the rules

Page 5 wrote:
When all players have completed their turns, return all remaining factory tiles in the market to their spaces on the storage board, so that they are available for the next round.
This is also true of the X tiles, if they are not bought.
[/q]

Whoops, missed that. Thanks. So to clarify the X tiles further, this means these tiles show up in the market "for free" on the first turn, but they must be explicitly added with workers on subsequent turns? Or do the automatically appear every turn?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first -- they're freely in the market at start, but must be pulled into the market in subsequent turns. I find that the 1 Machine, in particular, clogs its column the entire game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoicks, I think we got taught this bit wrong or missed it when we played it at Essen. I am pretty sure our tiles just stayed in the market (in breach of the rule quoted above). Chris? Jeremiah? Bob? Do you remember if my memory is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
lomn wrote:
I find that the 1 Machine, in particular, clogs its column the entire game.

I find that fairly often someone with a rebate and workers to spare in the buy phase will take it for free just to get it out of the market (and usually just set it aside instead of installing it in their factory).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
lomn wrote:
I find that the 1 Machine, in particular, clogs its column the entire game.

I find that fairly often someone with a rebate and workers to spare in the buy phase will take it for free just to get it out of the market (and usually just set it aside instead of installing it in their factory).

Good idea!

That part of the rules was missed by me too. I think they should have bolded it or highlighted it in the rules or something like when they have those "Important" boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.