Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
... that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin-
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently aquired a copy of The Warlord - the original Red Box version - and have a question about the rules. The rules that came with my copy have a picture of someone launching a missle on the front and on the back say "Distributed by Games Workshop". However, someone told me that these are a later version of the rules - apparently there may have been an original rules sheet followed by a sheet of FAQ.

Could someone tell me if there was an earlier rules sheet and FAQ sheet for The Warlord - or if my version (with the picture on the front) is the correct one for my Red Box version. Also, if there were earlier rulesets, could you contact me via geek mail if you can provide me with a copy of the earlier rules and/or FAQ sheet?

Thanks, in advance, for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The red box should come without sea spaces, just links across the sea as in Risk. If you have rules for units being at sea those are the wrong rules.

This is somewhat guess work, but should help:

When attacking across the sea, use the rules from attacking from the sea.

Ignore the H-bomb rules, just use A-Bombs.

A-Bomb missiles may never be more than 4 high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ummmty Dummmty
msg tools
by the way...

could someone please clarify the rules on moving troupes? I am thinking particularly of Apocalypse.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy whitehead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi

I was looking for information myself about this game and came across your query. I think the set I have has the original rules and also a list of 50 questions and answers to support them. I have never played the game and the previous owner has sadly passed away !

Should you still need them I am happy to scan and e mail them to you.

I believe these will be the earliest set as the game was invented by Mike Hayes and marketed by the Games Workshop. The copy I have bears his name and address and phone number in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England, where I live !

I googled the game which has been re issued and the article I read said the early Red & Blue box version are collectors items. I was looking for the owners widow to try and find the value ?

Regards

Jeremy Whitehead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.