Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ says, "When a character returns or is sent back to the Inn, all Items attached to the character are discarded."

The key question: Is that really only Items, or do you discard Prayers/Spells/Tactics/Treasures as well?

And also, are wounds on the character discarded too?

I realize the FAQ only says Items, but there was so much imprecise language in the rules that it becomes a guessing game as to the designer's intent.

I'm assuming at least that you would remove wounds.

I also kinda think that you would be removing all attached cards -- but perhaps indeed you only remove Items. I'd love to find out.

The question was occasioned by the Serpent's Tooth trap, which reads: "Failure: Remove one Character from the Raiding Party and return him or her to the Inn."

--David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a very good question. I don't have an official answer for you. I'd treat the remove the character from party effect like killing a character (ie - remove all attached cards & wounds). Tomb is very specific when a character is removed from the party and gets to keep their items & attached cards. So I'd assume that any time items or attached cards aren't mentioned in the effect they should be removed.

In theory the character could go back to the inn and be recruited by someone else. Recruitment would mean drawing a new spell or prayer card if the character is a wizard or cleric and trigger any "recruitment" traits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
David Gardner wrote:
The FAQ says, "When a character returns or is sent back to the Inn, all Items attached to the character are discarded."

The key question: Is that really only Items, or do you discard Prayers/Spells/Tactics/Treasures as well?

And also, are wounds on the character discarded too?

I realize the FAQ only says Items, but there was so much imprecise language in the rules that it becomes a guessing game as to the designer's intent.

I'm assuming at least that you would remove wounds.

I also kinda think that you would be removing all attached cards -- but perhaps indeed you only remove Items. I'd love to find out.

The question was occasioned by the Serpent's Tooth trap, which reads: "Failure: Remove one Character from the Raiding Party and return him or her to the Inn."

--David

We play it that all cards are removed, when a character is removed from your party and placed back to the inn (like the trap you referenced).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Stapp
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All attached cards are discarded and the wounds are reset.

This goes along with many FAQ's and much other reading I have done on the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.