Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francis Siefken
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmb
I discovered that the RftG AI is somewhat playable on the iPhone with iTap RDP or VNC over LAN set to the highest resolution. The iTap auto zoom option makes the cards readable on the tiny screen (> 1600 resolution on desktop needed to read text on card).

I also discoverd the RftG AI program can be fully controlled with the keyboard; number row keys for selecting cards or roles and 'Enter' to confirm. Unfortunately RftG does not work with the numeric keypad keys or keycodes that iTap VNC/RDP is using for it's numeric keypad.
Another issue is that the iTap keyboard takes up a lot of screen space, just a small row at the bottom with numbers and one enter key would be ideal. I tried remapping the Function keys (as this iTap keyboard is smallest) through the registry, but this won't work.

Similar methods can be used to play Puerto Rico curl on the iPhone.

Performance over 3G would probably be slower and expensive when there is no flat fee. How many bytes or euro and how slow I've not tested yet.

Net/notebooks or tablets are of course better suited for on the road play due to the larger screen size.

Kind regards,
Francis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Andersson
Sweden
Eksjö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think someone should just make an RftG-app! That would kick ***! Of course the permission would be needed but that surely wouldn't be a problem since it promotes the game more than it pirates on it.

Any volunteers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Siefken
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmb
Whomever owns the rights and can spare the money should make an iPhone app. It would rock on the iPad, but I think it could also work on the iPhone, the problem is how do you fit the cards on such a screen in such a way the gameplay doesn't suffer. Auto zooming might be an option or a standard keypad for selection, or transparent role selection buttons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Macdougall
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fsiefken wrote:
I discovered that the RftG AI is somewhat playable on the iPhone with iTap RDP or VNC over LAN set to the highest resolution.

I know it's not the AI, but I've found that the new (and hopefully very-soon-to-be-completely-authorised) online version of RftG is quite fast and playable on the iPhone - it doesn't use any card graphics at all. I had a quick game with someone on the bus to work the other day...!

http://yourturntomove.appspot.com/
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/544688/a-new-online-version-...

I'm not connected with the developers of this implementation, just appreciative of being able to play RftG everywhere...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.