BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Werewolf article in Wired magazine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Werewolf: How a parlour game became a tech phenomenon

An article about the history of the game as well as two [url=http://www.wired.co.uk/wired-magazine/archive/2010/03/werewolf/werewolf-extra-materials.aspx?page=3[/url]pages[/url] of special roles, some very familiar and some I've never seen. All of it is geared toward face-to-face play.

Because it's Wired, the article slants toward an audience in the technology industry:
Quote:
It's this, then, that may explain the particular appeal of Werewolf to the tech crowd. This mix of hard computational skills and a real test of interpersonal aptitude offers the ultimate full-spectrum battlefield. Strength in one field can make up for weaknesses in others, but a masterful player needs both. And that's another paradox: if you impress your peers (and in a conference environment that probably means potential clients and employers) with your aptitude for the game, you're also impressing them with your aptitude for lying, for leading witch-hunts, for distrusting your friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
While a lot of the roles listed in the linked article are more appropriate for the ftf game, some sound really interesting. Thanks for sharing, ElAd!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would love to see the silversmith, the slut, the voodooist, The Grave-Robbing Thief and The Mortician and the Butcher somehow worked into a game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekal wrote:
I would love to see the silversmith, the slut, the voodooist, The Grave-Robbing Thief and The Mortician and the Butcher somehow worked into a game!

Done!

Promise you'll sign up for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Belash wrote:
Dekal wrote:

Done!

Promise you'll sign up for it?

If no later than 3pm lynch, yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.