England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelicula

This is the Spanish word for film. This from a comment on the final section of The Time Machine on YouTube.
Tres bon film
Muy buéna pelicula

Limber

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbers_and_caissons_(military)]As artillery pieces developed trunnions and were placed on carriages featuring two wheels and a trail, a limber was devised. This was a simple cart with a pintle. When the piece was to be towed, it was raised over the limber and then lowered, with the pintle fitting into a hole in the trail.[/url]

Pintle

A pintle is a pin or bolt, usually inserted into a gudgeon, which is used as part of a pivot or hinge.

Gudgeon

A gudgeon is a circular fitting, often made of metal, which is affixed to a surface. It allows for the pivoting of another fixture. It is generally used with a pintle, which is a pin which pivots in the hole in the gudgeon. As such, a gudgeon is a simple bearing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew those words. But I posted to have my avatar, the one you paid me to use, in your thread. Kind of like an endorsement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, it is película (you forgot the accent mark).

Here's a good one for you.........a common idiomatic expression using this word.

Estas de película. (No, it doesn't mean "you are a film" rather it means "you are impossible!") Can be used to describe a complicated, bad, or frustrating person or situation-- "de película" is used as an adjective.

NOW YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Estas de película. (No, it doesn't mean "you are a film" rather it means "you are impossible!")

That's peculiar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Pelicula

This is the Spanish word for film. This from a comment on the final section of The Time Machine on YouTube.
Tres bon film
Muy buéna pelicula

More precise, película is the name of the film roll itself, but it can be used for the film.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea why the first URL isn't formatting correctly. There is not a space between the = and the h.

I blame KSensei.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
BTW, it is película (you forgot the accent mark).

Cut'n'paste from YouTube, so blame the foreigner wot typed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.