Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Way Out There...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

New Special Ability: Edgy

Any territory occupied on the outer edge of the board is considered immune to all conquests that come from the outside edge (new race). Any other conquests coming from the inside territories of the board could attack normally. The number of race tokens it would offer would probably be 4.

Could be interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Du Rietz
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Hello Jeremy,

intresting indeed, but I think you need to work on it a bit more.
I have a couple of doubts about this:

Depending on the situation of the game, any opponent who pick a new race will enter the board at the most profitable area, or rarely smash on a particulary nasty enemy army. And frankly I can't see Edgy affect your opponent that much, since he/she can easily enter the board at a region next to the Edgy race and then start bashing.
This special power as it is now should give 5 race tokens I beleive.

No other official ability in the game so far is this situational. I doubt a player could benefit much from this ability, except slowing down certain special+race combos very slightly.

I hope this can be of some help kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Peet
United States
Milford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Way Out There...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

Thanks for the insight!

I will put some more thought into it and see where it goes. I'll post any further developments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
niklas ternvall
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a small map 2p / 3p it seem good, but on 4p/5p it dont come out so good.
If compared to heroic you'll see if it's balanced or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim bo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Steek and the name doesn't really fit with the thematics of the game.

We as players might recognise the edge of the playing board but in a Small World context there is no 'Edge' and the word 'Edgey' has a very different meaning, giving the impression of nervousness or anxiety.

It's like Berserk being called 'Dicey' for both reasons, no thematic context and misleading meaning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.