Subject: Objective card questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Hauser
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
for the objective cards that ask you to use 10 Influence now or other like that does that mean when i use them during my action phase or do i have to hold onto planet cards and use influence during the status phase to qualify for the objective.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hauser1981 wrote:
for the objective cards that ask you to use 10 Influence now or other like that does that mean when i use them during my action phase or do i have to hold onto planet cards and use influence during the status phase to qualify for the objective.

Thanks

You have to hold on to them until the status phase. Then, at that time, you "spend" the influence, basically to purchase the objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hauser
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the quick response. This really boggled my group the first few times playing.

Greatly appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
In my play group we have had the same doubts in the past, and the question has been asked 3847568375683456 times.

Clearly the wording on the cards should have been different.

It must be in the FAQ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how much clearer the card text could be. It says "I now spend 10 influence", not "I spent 10 influence during the Action Phase". IE, it's saying "Spend 10 influence RIGHT NOW to get the point".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I'm not sure how much clearer the card text could be. It says "I now spend 10 influence", not "I spent 10 influence during the Action Phase". IE, it's saying "Spend 10 influence RIGHT NOW to get the point".

I see your point. Perhaps the 'now' should have been bold as in your post?

I think the spend part is whats causing the confusing. People wonder if spending the resoursses on other things triggers a qualification for the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McKee

Washington
msg tools
It took me a year of playing L5R in a formal league to understand that when you read rules not to read into them :) just read whats there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.