Popular Tags: [View All]
The Cheng Meister
Australia
Maylands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

Just played the older version of DT and quite enjoyed it. I would buy this one however I'm not in the market for 2 player games as we usually have 3 people at a minimum.

Are there rumours of a 3-4 player expansion for this?

if there is I'd get this and that

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Royal
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you use the old 3/4 expansion with the DT2: Prison?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could if you used the same characters from the 3/4 and Prison set. DTrison has new characters, so if you don't mind two players having certain characters it would work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the purple tokens, you could play 3 player with the DTrison set. You'd just need some rooms and another set of cards from the base game of the previous version.

From what I've heard, it's very unlikely that a 3/4 player version of Prison will be released. I've tried to convince the International Dungeon Twister League to consider goodies to expand the game in this direction, but I don't think we'll have them anytime soon.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't count on it, although I haven't heard anything official. The original DT only got the base set in English, little more in French.

I'm in the same situation as you, my group is 4 players and until they release 3/4 player stuff I'm sitting this one out, getting burned by the lack of 3/4 player in the original. We can always hope...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nordiska wrote:
The original DT only got the base set in English, little more in French.

I'm not sure what you mean - I bought the Paladins and Dragons expansion in English, and I know other expansions were available in English as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Nordiska wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean - I bought the Paladins and Dragons expansion in English, and I know other expansions were available in English as well.

I think he means that 3/4 players for the base set was the only 3/4 set in English. Fire and Blood included the 3/4 pieces for Paladins and Dragons and Fire and Water, but it was only released in French.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
Finland
flag msg tools
gheintze wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Nordiska wrote:

I think he means that 3/4 players for the base set was the only 3/4 set in English. Fire and Blood included the 3/4 pieces for Paladins and Dragons and Fire and Water, but it was only released in French.

Geoff

I've been trying to search some info about these three expansions (À feu et à sang, Créatures Sylvestres, Terres de Glace) regarding whether they will be released in English. Does anyone here happen to know anything about that? Because in case they will be released in English I'll definitely want them. Otherwise I'll have to start looking for the French versions even though I don't know French at all.

So basically I'm asking, am I waiting for the English releases in vain and should just go for the French releases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aphamino wrote:

I've been trying to search some info about these three expansions (À feu et à sang, Créatures Sylvestres, Terres de Glace) regarding whether they will be released in English. Does anyone here happen to know anything about that? Because in case they will be released in English I'll definitely want them. Otherwise I'll have to start looking for the French versions even though I don't know French at all.

So basically I'm asking, am I waiting for the English releases in vain and should just go for the French releases?

From what I've heard, these will not be released in English in this form. The characters may be released in later expansions for Prison, but probably with different rooms. Also, I'm not sure that there are plans to support 3/4 player any longer -- apparently it's not as popular a format in Europe.

There are adequate translations available for all three of these expansions here on BGG and at www.dungeontwister.org. So even if you don't speak French, you should be able to play them.

When I picked these up last year, they were available in limitied quantity. So I would recommend picking them up soon if you are interested.

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis F.
France
Orléans
Centre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gheintze wrote:

There are adequate translations available for all three of these expansions here on BGG and at www.dungeontwister.org. So even if you don't speak French, you should be able to play them.

When I picked these up last year, they were available in limitied quantity. So I would recommend picking them up soon if you are interested.

Geoff

And espicially, look the glossary in rules menu.... you will find an wonderful translation ! With this translation you can play with every french expansion

Phil Goude
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilGoude wrote:
gheintze wrote:

Geoff

And espicially, look the glossary in rules menu.... you will find an wonderful translation ! With this translation you can play with every french expansion

Phil Goude

Except that the translator is too lazy and hasn't updated it. shake

I'll get to it soon, but I have a tournament tomorrow.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does seem that the producers of DT are missing an opportunity here. Lots of people (outside of France) seem to want the 3/4 player stuff and they don't release it. So much for Adam Smith's theory on the free market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gheintze wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Nordiska wrote:

Geoff

That is exactly what I meant, thanks Geoff, we English speakers only have the base game in the 3/4 player expansion avail'. The French speakers only have the base game and the Paladins & Dragons and Fire & Water (À feu et à sang).

At one time they were going to release a 3/4 player ultimate pack in English (back in '08) but that never materialized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
Finland
flag msg tools
Seems to me that it's not possible anymore or at least not very easy to acquire any of these in-French-only editions. Too bad because I, for one, would have reeeeeeally wanted to get all these expansions, and I have a feeling that I'm not just the only one with this desire. This is really frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.