Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) How do NPCs run from dynamite? I saw an FAQ answer that says to "roll for them", but how?

2) Do I collect the Ghost Rock value for NPCs I killed with dynamite?

3) Is the Walkin' Dead encounter a harrowed character? Do two wounds kill it?

4) When are NPC encounter cards revealed during a Recruit action... before or after I choose the target of the recruiting?

5) When do I do my action at home... before or after actions taken in town?

(EDIT: for spelling, added question #5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Jordan
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cerulean wrote:
1) How do NPCs run from dynamite? I saw an FAQ answer that says to "roll for them", but how?

Several Dynamite questions are asked/answered in A Fistful o' Answers .pdf document. It can be downloaded from the Files section for the game. Based on Kerry Breitenstein's answer, the NPCs move two spaces away (which may still kill them depending upon their Vigor and whether they escaped the blast radius).

cerulean wrote:
2) Do I collect the Ghost Rock value for NPCs I killed with dynamite?

Oooooooooo... good question. I'd say yes, but of course, that is not official.

cerulean wrote:
3) Is the Walkin' Dead encounter a harrowed character? Do two wounds kill it?

Within the Deadlands universe, I believe you can argue whether the Walkin' Dead is technically Harrowed or not, but it is definitely related. (Both are dead corpses animated by demons. The only difference is that the demon is fully in control for a Walkin' Dead... and they tend to appear less... um... healthy.)

The Walkin' Dead encounter card has a Vigor score so you can kill it (or in this case, destroy it).

cerulean wrote:
4) When are NPC encounter cards revealed during a Recruit action... before or after I choose the target of the recruiting?

Question #27 in A Fistful o' Answers as well as the rulebook answers this one. All encounters in a building are turned face up when a dude takes an action that involves the NPCs (such as recruit). They are turned face-up before the dude chooses the target.

cerulean wrote:
5) When do I do my action at home... before or after actions taken in town?

Under PLAYING THE GAME:
5. Starting at the Railroad and continuing clockwise around the board, dudes in each location take their actions for the round. Then, again starting from the railroad and going to the mine, all dudes on street squares take their actions. Finally, any dudes at home take actions.

Hope this helps!
Kerry (*NOT* Twilight Creations Kerry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kdjordan wrote:
cerulean wrote:

Several Dynamite questions are asked/answered in A Fistful o' Answers .pdf document. It can be downloaded from the Files section for the game. Based on Kerry Breitenstein's answer, the NPCs move two spaces away (which may still kill them depending upon their Vigor and whether they escaped the blast radius).

I did see the dynamite clarifications in Fistful O' Answers, which has been a very helpful document that I have printed out and keep in the DBSG box Thanks for making that.

I'm still confused about how you roll for an NPC's agility. Outfits have an "Xd6" agility rating, and NPCs have a flat "X" Agility value. How do I determine the quantity of dice to roll for an NPC agility check?

By the way, the specific in-game incident that triggered this rules question is that somebody threw dynamite at the stagecoach, so all the NPC cards were face-down at the time, in the street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hackel
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
#6) Since nothing has said otherwise, I assume you can recruit the Deputy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Jordan
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cerulean wrote:
I'm still confused about how you roll for an NPC's agility. Outfits have an "Xd6" agility rating, and NPCs have a flat "X" Agility value. How do I determine the quantity of dice to roll for an NPC agility check?

You do not roll dice for NPCs. NPC ability scores simply provide target numbers for the player's actions. In order to succeed in an action, the player's dice result has to be higher than or equal to the target number shown on the card or required for the action.

In the case of the Dynamite, the NPCs automatically succeed in their agility checks and move two squares.

Kerry (NOT Twilight Creations Kerry)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Jordan
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cerulean wrote:
#6) Since nothing has said otherwise, I assume you can recruit the Deputy.

I can't seem to find the source at the moment, but I am almost positive that I have seen an official answer on this and that it is "yes."

By the way, note that because of the special movement rules, the Deputy cannot be moved by controlling the Church (nor can the Sheriff or anyone in Jail).

Kerry (NOT Twilight Creations Kerry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kerry (and Cerulean),
Unfortunately, I am going to have to disagree on this one, here's why: Since the Deputy is an event card and not an encounter card, it can't be interacted with in the same manner as an encounter card.
Cheers,
Todd (Married to Twilight Creations' Kerry...Does that count?)
Twilight Creations, Inc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Jordan
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
toddbreitenstein wrote:
Unfortunately, I am going to have to disagree on this one, here's why: Since the Deputy is an event card and not an encounter card, it can't be interacted with in the same manner as an encounter card.

I stand corrected. This is what I get for trusting my memory. I should probably add this question/answer to A Fistful o' Answers.

Kerry (NOT married to Todd Breitenstein, nor would it be legal in most states)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.