Costas Taliadoros
Cyprus
Nicosia
Strovolos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi,

I had a session a couple of days ago where the Kennedy player played the Lazy Shave event card.

During the debates at some point the Civil Rights issue had 1 card on the Kennedy side. Nixon then revealed his next card which was also on Civil Rights for Kennedy.

Kennedy then chose a Civil Rights for Kennedy card as well.

We allowed for it but is this ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bauer
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is OK.

I am not sure I completely understand the question but even if a issue has already been won you can still play a card for that issue, in fact you have to if you are holding a card for that issue as all 5 of your cards must be played.

As a point of strategy if there are still issues you have not played your first card for I would play on that issue instead. Also if there was another issue I could win this round with my second card and the win was not certain I would win both issues. I usually hold the dead cards until the end of the debate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Randall
United States
Jeffersonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it right.

I have just received the game and recently cracked open the rules. I'm also at work at the moment so can't dig out the lazy shave card to find out how it affects the normal debate rules, but the rules seem to cover either situation I can think of that could occur:

-If the third civil rights card comes up as a separate later pass, so civil rights has already been moved off the debate track back to the main board, then:

*If a player plays a card associated with an issue which has already been won, that card is instead discarded.*

- If the third civil rights card comes up on the same pass as the second (Nixon played) card (remember that both sides cards are normally revealed simultaneously - so perhaps lazy shave alters that to let Kennedy see what Nixon chose? But I would still think that card would count as the same pass):

*This process is repeated until two or more cards have been played to the same side of an issue. At this point, that issue has been won by the player having the higher Campaign Point total played to their side of that issue.*

Looks like the "two or more" is a 2nd edition change for clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas Taliadoros
Cyprus
Nicosia
Strovolos
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thx guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene van Breugel
Netherlands
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDRandall wrote:

so perhaps Lazy Shave alters that to let Kennedy see what Nixon chooses.

Indeed! With Lazy Shave in play, in each of the five debate rounds Nixon must reveal his debate card first and then Kennedy may choose any one he has left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.