Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for people to help an early prototype of the game I'm developing. I've done a good amount of testing with a small group, and I feel that the game is ready to reach a larger audience for more feedback.

The Game

The game is called Perfidia (subject to change) and is a card game for two which takes about 45 minutes to play. One player plays as Kingdom and the other plays as Traitors. There are 8 characters available, each with their own special power.

(Prototype, artwork not final)

At the start of the game, the Traitors player secretly chooses two of the characters as traitors and builds his deck based on these choices (he includes a large number of character cards for the traitors, and only a few for the other characters). The cards not put in his deck form a "Seer" deck, and there is a seperate "Kingdom" deck which the Kingdom player draws from.

Throughout the game, players will play their cards an available character, stacking it on top of any card previously played on that character. The number on the card (called Faith) determines who gets to use the character. When the number goes up ("gaining faith") the Kingdom player activates the character, and when it goes down, the Traitor player activates the character.

Each character has their own ability which will help players deduce the traitors, manage their cards, kill certain characters to remove them from the game, or upgrade characters and earn more points. There is also a "battlefield" board with four spaces on it. The traitor player can play cards to place, move, and activate goblins on the board, which have a variety of effects based on which of the four spaces they are on. A few of the characters have powers specifically to deal with goblins.

At the end of the game, the traitor reveals his two characters, and scores extra points for them, while the remaining characters are worth points for the Kingdom player. These are added to points earned throughout the game, and the highest score is the winner.

Playtesting

What I ask of play testers is just to play the game and report back certain data to me (basic things like the score of each game, which characters were traitors, etc) along with any comments you may have. Anyone is welcome to test, even if you only have time for a few games. The more the merrier!

The prototype is available as a Vassal module. If you are unfamiliar with Vassal, I am happy to walk you through it. It is free and easy to use. Once you have the files, feel free to play with anyone you like -- I only ask that you report the results to me so I can tweak balance.

Testers who provide data for at least 10 games and fill out a short questionnaire will receive a mention in the credits of the final version, and exceptional testers will receive a free copy of the game if it is published!

If you are interested in playing, please reply here or geekmail and tell me your e-mail address. You may also e-mail me directly at cwmckenz@gmail.com.

Thanks for the interest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Long
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I have a lot of seasoned guys that do game testing and if you are interested then I would be happy to put a test set in my store for people to try out and report back to on how they liked it and things they did not like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Dennis. I don't have files suitable for printing out just yet since I didn't need high resolution images for Vassal. I will try to put a print-suitable version together soon though.

In the mean time, I can send you the current version of the rules along with the Vassal module if you'd like to have a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Made some changes after several games with my small group of playtesters. The game takes 45 minutes to an hour to play, and I've uploaded the rules so that people can check it out.

(link no longer valid, see next post)

Please let me know if you'd like to try this. Even if you can only play a few games, it will be extremely helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfidia has a BGG entry now. Please check it out for all the latest announcement. More content will appear in the coming days and weeks:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67839/perfidia

The rules have been updated as well:
http://docs.google.com/View?id=dft3jm6m_5ztpwvshq

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.