JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! The weekend is now over, and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past weekend gaming exploits.

So, all you weekend gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of weekend gaming greatness, as you pop in here to answer the question:
What did you play this weekend?

You can find the geeklist version of this over here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52341/what-did-you-pla...

Check out the subscription thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320 Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!

As is the tradition, I will start things off with my recap:
What an good weekend for me! Saturday was our Game Day that we were hosting at our house. Just over 30 people ended up showing up, including some of the awesome guys from Sages in Toledo! Big thanks to them for making the trip down! Overall it was a huge success, and it appeared that everyone was haivng a great time. There was pretty much a solid werewolf games going on all day long in our living room, while a smaller group of us broke off to play some other things. Later at night, the werewolf group took a short break for a few games of Pit, and then a extremely raucous game of Spoons. Here is what I got in:
I started off playing and modding 3 games of Werewolf in the morning to get the ice broken among the people that showed up early. Then I broke off with a few of the guys who were new to gaming, and asked them what on the shelf interested them. They picked Bang!, so we broke that out, and just as I got done teaching, a couple of the guys from Sages showed up, so they hopped in for a couple games of it. Next we got out Dice Town, which the new guys loved. We followed that with what ended up being a pretty awesome game of Cash N' Guns. Then one of the new guys was really interested in Last Night on Earth, so we busted it out. The Humans ended up winning, after some major zombie mistakes on my end. After that we got in two games of Cosmic Encounter (one with 6 and one with 5, as one of the guys fell asleep in the chair), which I think may have been one of the favorites of the day. By then it was getting pretty late, and most of the people head started to head out, so the remaining few wanted something lighter, so we threw down adventures, which has an awesome OH Crap moment right at the end with Eric grabbing the end treasure right as the boulder was bearing down on him.
Sunday my wife napped and clean, and I wasn't able to round anyone up, so the only game I got in was a round of stratego with my boy.

Overall it was an awesome weekend! This weekend I am traveling down to Alabama for work, and then when I got back, it will be event day at Sages!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Memoir'44 addicted player, we played 6 scenarios in Normandy on Saturday, all of them changing places (12 in total). We had a great time indeed (while our wives were watching some heart-breaking movie). I won the mini tournament, gaining 41 points, while my buddy gained 31. After the games, fireworks were launched and the night was over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Naikelis
United States
Lyndhurst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't get much play time in until late Sunday. A friend came over and we played a 2 player game of Smallworld. It was his first and my second game ever. I won but only by 7 VP. One thing ive noticed about this game is it is VERY forgiving. He played terribly early on but came back to within a couple points of me.

Then we moved over to a 2p game of Agricola. I needed my fix, it had been 2-3 weeks since I last played! He's never very good at the game cause he spend his first few rounds just getting "totally sweet" cards out and not working on his farm. I finished with a new all-time high of 46pts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Dye
United States
Abingdon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We starteded off with a game of Summoner Wars before moving on to a new game which my bud, Chris Smith intoduced Neuroshima Hex!, which we loved. Then he introduced a great Euro game wrapped up in a dungeon crawling setting called Dungeon Lords. Then my wife, Chris and I played the new game I bought which is now my #1 favorite game, Power Grid. Only dissapointed with the Electro paper currency. Great weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday night games, and as usual we started with Race for the Galaxy while waiting for the fifth to arrive. We then moved on to Agricola, a current favourite - I seemed to have a very good game, and the only surprise was that my winning score wasn't higher - mainly because I was having feeding problems I think. Next came Power Grid, which ended up very close - I bought up the remaining coal to stop one player on 15 houses powering, only to be betaen by the other by just 5 cash! But then, this was a competition for second, as my husband was powering 16. We finished with Huuuuuuugo - otherwise known as Midnight Party.

No gaming over the rest of the weekend - unless an ice hockey match counts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a pretty quiet weekend for me. soblue I got one game of Power Grid: Factory Manager in on Saturday night.

I did resume painting my Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game Heros! I have three left from the base game and Last Night on Earth: Growing Hunger expansion. Since I'm no painter, they are turning out pretty good. Now I'm debating if I want Last Night on Earth: Hero Pack 1 and some of the other LNoE expansions....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kameron Gibson
United States
Delphi
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually played games this weekend for once. Staurday started off by playing Mwahahaha! which everyone seemed to enjoy pretty well. After that we moved onto Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game in which being the new player, I of course ended up being the Cylon from the beginning, and after the sleeper phase. needless to say, the Cylons lost. Following Battlestar, we moved onto several rounds of Shadow Hunters, which was fantastic! An easy to learn game, that kept us entertained for a very long time

All in all, a good gaming weekend in my opinion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
This site needs a forum where we can put the faux offended so we can ignore them.
mbmbmbmbmb

Friday

The Princes of Machu Picchu
Le Havre
Goa

Sunday

The Napoleonic Wars (Second Edition) (Part 1, to be finished next weekend)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thel Schuhart
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAG. I know, its a PS3 game. I am a bad man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Shaftoe
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All last week and this weekend was NETRUNNER frenzy. I`m very impressed with this game. Played 4 games through the week and another 5 over the weekend. Plays very different as the corp and runner , seems well balanced out of the starter box. Reading Neuromancer for good measure. This game has been the discovery of 2010 so farsurprise.

Jimmy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Everitt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday night, well, our group had too many (7) for our favourite - Power Grid, so we played some Bohnanza with Eriterungset. By the time that was finished, we had no time for Formular-D, so we plumbed for Martians!!! (one dropped out).

Sunday was just a short game of Incan Gold. Sad - I was hoping for something a little more interesting, but the child was busy on the Wii (newly discovered by her).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gilbert
United States
Salisbury
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TTR Online

Saturday: Richard III (first playing -- awesome game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[x-post]

Well, this weekend was pretty good for gaming in my mind.

Saturday started off with me running a demo of Campaign Manager 2008. Played in two games (1 win, 1 loss) and oversaw seven. Lots of positive feedback, but the standard complaint of the tally board being a bit finicky came out quite often. Was a really good four our demo.

After that, we jumped into a game of Bootleggers. Oh boy, is this a cutthroat game or what? I think I ended up in third or fourth place at the end, but I had fun for my first game of it. Nothing like taking out your neighbor in one round and bribing him to not return the favor the next.

Sunday I got permission from my wife to go play one more game, a two and a half hour game of Steam Barons. I haven't played a train game in a while, but this one was definite fun. I came in second, which is not bad for not really knowing what I was doing until around halfway through the game.

All in all, a nice weekend of gaming. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartlett the brave
Australia
flag msg tools
I played my first game of Runewars with 2 buddies on Sunday. Took us about an hour and a half setting up the board and learning the rules. Then 2-3 really slow rounds before we got into the swing of it. By the time things were making sense we had to finish. (We all agreed to start fresh next time and actually get through a game).

Everything kinda made sense except we never fully understood the purpose of activating an area. Anyone know why you have to activate, put down a token and then troops have to stay there?

I must admit I had fun spreading my undead scourge over the map. Although I thought I'd have a few more necromancing powers. Why can't defeated troops rise as my minions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing!

But I did brew a batch of beer and make an offer on a house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tribune
Royal Palace
Pandemic with On the Brink X2 (both losses! angry )
Dominion (I, S) X2
Agricola with FotM expansion
I won exactly 0 games.
Had fun though!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a very good gaming weekend!

Friday: played Dominion and after that a couple of rounds of Spank the Monkey

Saturday: Zombies!!! and Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game

Sunday: Perfect day for Arkham Horror with the Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror Expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Five of us had our first go at Sword of Rome. As implied, I had the 5th player expansion, so Carthage was a player power. Our group had never played SoR before, but we had experience with Successors and Hannibal, so we definitely know our way around CDG's. We ended up have a great time, and I have to say, I like SoR better than Successors, as it feels less chaotic, and I felt like I could formulate a strategy. Of course, it didn't help me when as the Etruscans, I lost three straight battles to the dirty Gauls and saw my empire sacked and looted! Still, I had a lot of fun with the game and look forward to playing it again.

BTW - Rome won!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
“"To Aetius, now consul for the third time: the groans of the Britons ... The barbarians drive us to the sea; the sea throws us back on the barbarians: thus two modes of death await us, we are either slain or drowned".” ―Gildas
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a wargamer who has just discovered Carcassonne. Played it 8 times this weekend! Absolutely awesome. I get the same thrilling feeling of enemy blocks losing 3 steps (I am a Columbia player) when I complete an awesome city after a struggle.

The excellent thing is my girlfriend also likes it... though she has been eyeing up Richard III: The Wars of the Roses, she is a Yorkist while as a Welshman I am for Lancaster (Tudors)... or sometimes Warwick!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N/A
United States
Yankeedom
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and kids were out of town this weekend, so not much gaming. Played one game of Carcassonne Wheel of Fortune with my sister-in-law and her family (coming in dead-last, taking a beating even from my eight-year-old niece (hey, I'm out of practice!)), and I taught my s-i-l and her husband San Juan, which we played twice and which they enjoyed.

(And in contrast to Rob above, who just discovered Carc, this weekend I stickered Richard III, my first Columbia block game. Beautiful game, and I'm very excited to start exploring wargames!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Richter
United States
Springfield
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
San Marco
Saint Petersburg
Vikings
Tales of the Arabian Nights

And Sunday, I ran through the Tomb of Horrors for a friend who is preparing it for a convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicki Scheele
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect mix of new and old
Great weekend for me as it was a perfect mix of old and new and light and heavier. Friday night a series of Battleline games with my husband.

Saturday played Scrabble an old nearly abandoned friend. (The game being nearly abandoned NOT the friend.)

Sunday played,Battleline, Lost Cities and a relatively new fav Antike. Was taught Hamburgum which nicely rounded out my Sunday. Would that every week was so good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsuro x2
Pandemic
Citadels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Daniels
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ingenious
Rosenkonig
King of Siam
Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation
Hive
Ricochet Robots
Tikal
Flaschenteufel
YINSH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rutz
United States
Onalaska
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Stone Age With 2 first timers. The game went really well and we all had a great time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.