Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not certain that this is the right forum to post this in, but here goes:

Game designer and fellow geek Gord! has put up an offer for six random people out of the first 30 who play, rate, and comment on his game Calculus, which is free and playable with objects around the house or indeed objects outside the house, to receive a free copy of his highly-rated abstract Santorini.

Calculus is a simple and interesting connection game where the players push or move stones of their colour on a board. It's simple to learn, easy to play, and a set can be cobbled together out of most anything.

Santorini is a gem of a game in which players build up towers in an attempt to win the game by reaching the highest level while simultaneously stopping their opponent from doing so. While this game can easily be played with poker chips or books or other items laying around, Gord's copies look fantanstic and minimal.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone who might be interested wasn't already aware. These are neat games worth a look even if you aren't interested in winning a copy of Santorini. I don't know when this offer was first posted, but I presume it's still on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, but I've been thinking and thinking about why anyone would want to play a game called Calculus. Are you sure the translation is correct? That's nearly like being asked to play a game called Shoot Me in the Head First.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I CLEP'd out of Calculus, so can I skip having to play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeromie Rand
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of us liked calculus.

(I know. There's something wrong with me.)

I've been meaning to do this for a while... I downloaded the rules some time ago. I didn't understand them the first time I looked, but after taking a second gander I saw something I missed. I'll see if I can convince someone to play a game with me soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeromier wrote:
Some of us liked calculus.

(I know. There's something wrong with me.)

I've been meaning to do this for a while... I downloaded the rules some time ago. I didn't understand them the first time I looked, but after taking a second gander I saw something I missed. I'll see if I can convince someone to play a game with me soon.

I have to admit, this is a novel way of accumulating reviews for a new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game ain't new - 2007. It needs some love no one has been paying it any attention.
Gord it a very good designer with a few good games under his belt - one cult hit in Santorini, and another I prefer more Vesuvius
And he is a nice guy, I gather from my email exchanges in the past.

Free game (ok its an abstract), Can play with materials just laying around, go give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sneezy96
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I thought people would have jumped at a chance to win a free game. All you need to do is try Calculus, rate it & comment on it. It's an interesting game. Surely, you must have the needed bits to make your own copy. Give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.