BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: Gaming store expanding into Boards.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Long
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hey guys/gals I wanted to drop in and say HEY! and introduce myself. I am Dennis Long and I own/operate Twister Comics in Edgewater, MD I am just south of Annapolis. I have been doing the normal CCG gaming nights and deal in new and back Issues comics, trades and other related items. One thing that I get request for and am just now getting into is board games. I had not idea how cool some of these games were and how in depth they could be. So I am looking to start a board game club and would like anyone that could help me with info and ideas to please contact me. I am not going to put up my address and website yet as I do not want people thinking I am just here to hock my store. Well I am here for that but first and foremost I want to ask your advice (as the experts) about what you would like/expect to see in a store. I work with a lot of other large gaming shops in the area but wanted to get info directly from the people that play the games.

Thanks,
Dennis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good resource for game clubs in Maryland is the Games Club of Maryland organization. It shows listings for people who run regular game nights where the public is invited. You can get an idea of where current club locations are here: http://www.gamesclubofmd.org/locations.asp . GCOM also hosts several good conventions every year, notably Game Days (April/May) and Euroquest (November). You're a bit too far away from me, but I wish you luck. This site is a good place to find potential gamers for your group. Many groups meet at stores; one I used to attend occasionally is the Family Game Store in Savage, which hosts an open board game night every Saturday. I think there's another group that meets at a store in Glen Burnie, and another in Rockville.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kemmerer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree with Eric that GCOM is the group you want to contact. Get yourself set up as a location host and run the events at the store. They have many different locations across MD, VA, DE and even up here in PA at my store. They're a great group of people. I highly recommend trying to get out to some of their events - especially with their annual Games Day coming up in a couple months. That's well worth going out for a day or the whole weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.