Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neal Rosen
United States
Wimauma
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules indicate that when you put a fortification in a row of houses, the scoring is doubled. Suppose you place two fortifications in the same row of houses? Is the score still then just doubled (i.e. the second fortifcation would have no effect) or does the score then triple or even quadruple?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
As a player, you only get one fortification, so it would only double for you.

If another player plays a fortification in the same area/road it would only double for that player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BugLaden wrote:
As a player, you only get one fortification, so it would only double for you.

If another player plays a fortification in the same area/road it would only double for that player.

It's still a valid question, since a player CAN put a fortification on the board and not put a House on it (yea, it's totally retarded, but possible by the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
endou_kenji wrote:
It's still a valid question, since a player CAN put a fortification on the board and not put a House on it.

I always wondered about that rule. They should have just made it a rule that Fortifications can only be played as a double, and that would close the loophole. Otherwise, it basically opens the game up to one person handing someone else the victory by quadrupling stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Rosen
United States
Wimauma
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My confusion obviously stems from the fact that I do not see in the rules where it says that each person is allowed to place only one fortification? I note that there are 5 fortification pieces that come with the game but I did not see where specifically in the rules it allocates each one to each player as opposed to all 5 being avaialble to any player or players on a first come,first serve basis. Can anyone please point me to the spot in the rules where it clearly says that it's one per player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nmrosen wrote:
My confusion obviously stems from the fact that I do not see in the rules where it says that each person is allowed to place only one fortification?

I don't remember for sure, but I think it's part of the game setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rachfal
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sightreader wrote:
nmrosen wrote:
My confusion obviously stems from the fact that I do not see in the rules where it says that each person is allowed to place only one fortification?

I don't remember for sure, but I think it's part of the game setup.

Abacus Spiele English rules (first page):

GAME PREPARATION
[...]

"When playing with experienced players, each player also takes 1 fortification; otherwise they are not used."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.