Popular Tags: [View All]
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never used artscow (I am registered with them), and I see now they have a very good offer for cards. Could someone, please, explain to me what editing software do I have to use if I buy cards and how I use it? Basically, I would like to have an explanation for a newbie on how artscow works and how you get the cards you want.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebekah B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you planning on designing your own deck or do you want to buy a deck that somebody else has already created?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning to buy a deck that somebody else created, not sure yet, which one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone else created the deck, then you just search for it, and buy it. No editing required.

You can play around with creating your own deck for free. It's an online too. You can upload individual card images that you created using any software you want. I'm not sure what your specific question is really getting at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sisk
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
judoka wrote:
I am planning to buy a deck that somebody else created, not sure yet, which one.

If the creator has made a share link available, then just click the link and add their deck to your cart. Then when checking out use the coupon code discussed here (before 2/28/10) and you're good to go.

A few geeklists of ready to click Artscow decks to help you along:

Arts Cow Card Sets - Direct Links
Games suitable for ArtsCow card decks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Judit,

I was wondering this myself. I found this thread very helpful.

ArtsCow: pictorial how to guide to making a deck for a game

Still haven't figured out how to make a deck larger than 54 cards, tho. I guess I have to order two decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for you all! I got the answer I wanted. Yes, I guess you have to buy two decks if you want to create a larger deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebekah B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That how-to guide is very helpful for making a deck if the deck's creator has only shared an album link. Many of the decks now have a link that takes you directly to the deck already made for you, in which case you only have to click on Add to Cart.

An example of an album link (notice the size options at the top):
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=q2fsjnt1

This album would have to be turned into a deck following the steps in the how-to thread posted above.

An example of the deck link for the same game (notice that it says "Playing Cards 54 designs" at the top):
http://www.artscow.com/share/fzvsnfsa849v

You would only have to click on "Add to Cart" and it would be all ready to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Dum, Dum, Dum dum dum, Dum!
badge
"Money isn't everything, but it's a tie-breaker in Power Grid!"
mbmbmbmbmb
judoka wrote:
... I would like to have an explanation for a newbie on how artscow works ...
Thanks!

I am afraid that I am only being slightly joking when I reply "slowly." I ordered eight custom decks of 54 cards (not playing cards, multi-purpose cards) to make my own copy of Outpost, using the custom art shared by another BGGer. I spent a lot of time customizing the deck in their designer software (web-based), which mostly involved a lot of drag from the shared deck and drop onto the card I wanted. Yes, I did most of the individual designs manually for each card, front and back. Yes, that took an extraordinary amount of time (I am unemployed, so no big deal). It took over three weeks from the time that I paid for the order to the time that I got my decks. I thought that this was due to the large number of decks, but apparently this is standard wait time from them.

On the plus side, they had a great coupon that saved me a bundle: $2 off each deck (normally $10.99 each), plus free shipping, that saved me about 60%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
sq498 wrote:
That how-to guide is very helpful for making a deck if the deck's creator has only shared an album link. Many of the decks now have a link that takes you directly to the deck already made for you, in which case you only have to click on Add to Cart.

An example of an album link (notice the size options at the top):
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=q2fsjnt1

This album would have to be turned into a deck following the steps in the how-to thread posted above.

An example of the deck link for the same game (notice that it says "Playing Cards 54 designs" at the top):
http://www.artscow.com/share/fzvsnfsa849v

You would only have to click on "Add to Cart" and it would be all ready to go.

Okay, I was confused about this, so thank you. It seems the games I'm interested in don't have direct links.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem I keep running in to is that whenever I try and buy someone elses deck, it always comes out as a 4 inch by 6 inch deck. That is not quite right.

How do I fix that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebekah B
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The link you're using is probably for an album rather than a deck. You'll have to create a deck out of the album, as described in the how-to guide linked above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sq498 wrote:
The link you're using is probably for an album rather than a deck. You'll have to create a deck out of the album, as described in the how-to guide linked above.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.