武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to all fans of Fire & Fury!

Finally after many years of waiting I started to paint and create the first stands of this fine game with 10mm miniatures, but many questions crowd my mind ...

How many stands you built, for the Union army and how many for the Confederate, to play an average scenario?

Building stands for the bigger battles (Gettysburg, Antietam) requires an average of 300 CSA and 420 USA only for the infantry ...
(3 stands per week, 52 weeks, approximately 180 stands, 900/180 = 5 years of hard work!!! Note 900 is the total CSA + USA infantry, artillery, cavalry, leaders; Ok I can do it better and faster blush )

How to organize the distinction of brigades (other then Flags)? Only with small details of the same colors and uniforms or do you know a more logical method?

And above all, having played only a few times (5) , Have the system F&F longevity ? The game worth the candle for you?

I have no problem for space,time and friends only with mountains of miniatures needed!!

Any advice is really welcome ... and if you come in Italy (Milan) you can count on me for gaming.

Bye

Filippo.

P.s.:Many Thanks to Alex Sorbello, Mike W and Kent Reuber for the answers in wargaming forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Moore
United States
KC area
Missouri
flag msg tools
Less talking about games and more playing games.
badge
Print-n-Play Wargames and Miniatures Rules www.wargamedownloads.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Filippo Chiari wrote:

How many stands you built, for the Union army and how many for the Confederate, to play an average scenario?

Building stands for the bigger battles (Gettysburg, Antietam) requires an average of 300 CSA and 420 USA only for the infantry ...
(3 stands per week, 52 weeks, approximately 180 stands, 900/180 = 5 years of hard work!!! Note 900 is the total CSA + USA infantry, artillery, cavalry, leaders; Ok I can do it better and faster blush )

Wow, apparently I have not played one of the "bigger battles". Most games I have been in have about 3-4 brigades per commander (4-6 players).

Filippo Chiari wrote:

How to organize the distinction of brigades (other then Flags)? Only with small details of the same colors and uniforms or do you know a more logical method?

Flags. But you could put a colored mark on the bases.

Filippo Chiari wrote:

And above all, having played only a few times (5) , Have the system F&F longevity ? The game worth the candle for you?

I would say yes. I have not played in a while and I do not know how many games of F&F I have played, as most plays were before I started logging my plays on here. But I would diffidently some more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob James
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
first off
It is not generally conceivable to play very large battles based on map size and being able to reach center of a battle based on scale, you generally have to play scenarios in parts like first day of Gettysburg, second and third day areas separately. Antietam also in north central and south zones of the battlefield.y
Thus you don't need a unit for every unit and stands.
Cigar box mats (maps) would help with first day, GORDON AND HAGUE'S Gettysburg Game with second, about any hill line and wall and long table field set and map for Pickets charge.

Just finished Battle of Atlanta with Hood having two corps and Mcphersons Union troops (but tables were 12 ft by 8 ft wide and of course was not entire ring all around Atlanta.

Game played in Indy at 19 and One with 8 guys 4 against 4 and Umpire rules guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob James
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran 3-4 divisions from two corp and so did a couple of other guys on each side.
Battle of Atlanta took Bals Hill and drove through Union trench line south and along trench line...Jan 9th 2016.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.