Subject: Customizable Lego Games coming Spring 2010 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guru Gaku
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I opened my Lego delivery box this morning, and there is a small die shaped pamphlet in the box...Lego's new customizable die for the Spring 2010 games line-up. The pamphlet showcases 5 games: Minotaurus, Pirate Code, Creationary, Lava Dragon, and Monster 4. It also points the reader to http://games.lego.com to view in slightly greater detail those products, as well as their Build-Play-Change philosophy for their games.

I am really looking forward to a few of these products. The customizable gameplay looks like it'll be sweet with the DIY-die, not that I don't already do this with my existing 'non-Lego' games.

I'm a Lego enthusiast anyway, so even if I'm not crazy about how the games play as-is, I can rework them, and at the very least, I'll have the bits and the di(c)e.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget stocks, invest in plastic!

Minotaurus at least looks like Minotaur as a Lego game. Pirate Code looks like a multi-player Mastermind.

Anyone know what the others are based on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a couple of these and the best thing about them is the dice. Lego Creationary is fun in a Pictionary-for-Lego-fans way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Creationary is very much based on Pictionary - pick a category card, then one person draws/builds what is on the card while others guess. And it's no bad thing for being based on a formula that works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wagner Rodrigues
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! I have seen those in Germany when I went to Essen 2009 and those games look awesome!

I just hope the price in the US won't be as high as it was in Germany (about 30 Euro if I remember well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
wagner_rodrigues wrote:
Great news! I have seen those in Germany when I went to Essen 2009 and those games look awesome!

I just hope the price in the US won't be as high as it was in Germany (about 30 Euro if I remember well).

I included the prices for the games and details on the new Hogwarts title in one of my 2010 NY Toy Fair reports on BoardgameNews.com.

Eric
Editor, BoardgameNews.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
Prices are not as terrible as they could be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guru Gaku
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Henry Rhombus wrote:

I included the prices for the games and details on the new Hogwarts title in one of my 2010 NY Toy Fair reports on BoardgameNews.com.

Eric
Editor, BoardgameNews.com

Thanks for the link, Eric.

The prices do seem low enough, although I am surprised that 'Monster 4' is only $15. I realize it's a small amount of bits in general, but detailed minifig parts, in this case heads, usually drives the price up.

The Hogwarts game looks adorable for the young 'uns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.