Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Detsky
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As Race for the Galaxy was the most recent game I learned prior to Runewars, the use of the Order cards and the Supremacy Bonus made me think of RFTG's simultaneous selection of action cards.

An interesting variant idea for me is that all player simultaneously choose Order cards but all Order cards selected each season are played by ALL players (not just the player choosing the Order card) with the player order being determined using normal tiebreaker rules. The Supremacy Bonus, instead of being based on the Order Card number being higher than all previously played Order cards, can be based on whether you were the one playing the Order card (similar to RFTG's action card bonuses).

For example, in a 3-player Runewars game, Player 1 chooses Strategize while Players 2 & 3 both choose Harvest. All three players use the Strategize action first with only Player 1 receiving the Supremacy Bonus. Then all three players Harvest, with only Players 2 & 3 receiving the Supremacy Bonus.

Thoughts?

P.S. I apologize if this double-posts but that's a glitch I haven't been able to fix yet with BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kuha
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I can tell we are going to be mortal enemies.
mbmbmbmbmb
This would drastically change the way the game works. I can see huge armies being fielded because of multiple recruit orders getting played each year. I don't know. There is a lot of potential here, but I'm not sure it would work the way you'd think.

Consider that by playing a mobilize order, you're giving the other players a free mobilize as well (providing they still have activation tokens left). Is being able to do a second mobilize (without a battle) really worth handing them that advantage?

Also, consider harvest. Letting everyone reset their resource dials is huge. Being able to take advantage of your developments is great, but if that's all the extra you're getting, I just don't know.

By all means try it out and get back to us. I'm just not sure it's going to work as well as you think. I'm subscribing to this thread just in case you do try it out and decide to report back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.