7 Posts

Pack & Stack» Forums » General

Subject: Why is this so expensive ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
I really want to get pack and stack, despite the negatives about the game that there is not much to do and highly depends on random truck opened.

Its a GREAT!! filler so the negatives don't really push me away from it. It is the price attached to the game that made me not buy this. How much stuff do you get in this, say compared to a game like Agricola and the retail price. When I first saw it the box was so much bigger than the actual content. There is pics here showing the entire game box can be cut down to 1/8 the size. I'll get this is the price would actually drop

Whats your opinion on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you got more stuff than you actually need to play the game, how would that make it any better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P.S. I agree the box is too big; it would be nice if it were smaller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djay16 wrote:
I really want to get pack and stack, despite the negatives about the game that there is not much to do and highly depends on random truck opened.

Its a GREAT!! filler so the negatives don't really push me away from it. It is the price attached to the game that made me not buy this. How much stuff do you get in this, say compared to a game like Agricola and the retail price. When I first saw it the box was so much bigger than the actual content. There is pics here showing the entire game box can be cut down to 1/8 the size. I'll get this is the price would actually drop

Whats your opinion on this?

Price? It's okay. My wife enjoys this game and it's an easy sell to my non-gaming family. It doesn't hurt that I don't mind playing it either. Sure the box could have been smaller, but I can say that about a lot of games. You have to remember though that game companies don't have as much flexibility on box size, components, etc as you might wish. They need to keep their bottom line down just like anyone else. Using the same box sizes, inserts, etc is a way to do this. So what do you get? A pile of round cardboard VP chips. A deck of truck tiles. Some special dice. Lots of wooden cubes and sticks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the price is somewhat high, but what really bothers me is that it is a Mayfair produced game. Mayfair has a strict price policy and will not allow price reductions on their products over 20% (I believe), so the game is $39.20 at nearly every online site. The price would be much lower, closer to $30, without such a policy and would be much more in what I consider an acceptable price range.

Since Mayfair announced this policy, I've avoided buying any of their games new. It just bugs me that they would dictate prices rather than let the market and/or the store owners set the prices. This has been widely debated elsewhere on BGG, but I thought I'd chime in here, in case you are checking the game out for purchase online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fresquez
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted this game for the longest time too but the price killed it for me. I finally just got it for $17 at a ding and dent sale. It was still in shrink but it had a hole in the front. No damage to any components, just the box. Well worth it. A quick, chaotic, fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't add stuff, but reduce the price. Your not getting that much content to justify the price unlike agricola was what I meant to say
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.