Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a fun expansion. Question: How are users producing this? Just backing up printed pages -- perhaps also laminating them -- and leaving them skinny? Or gluing them atop some of the official expansion pieces? I'm inclined to the latter, but unfortunately it doesn't appear I can use a single expansion set to produce this whole compendium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I for one am simply printing them out on card stock, gluing them back to front, and using them skinny. I don't think that having the expansion races and badges being visibly different and thus apparent in the race or power badge stacks actually gives anyone an advantage over anyone else. Given that it's a communal stack and visible to everyone, having a "Marked" race doesn't give anyone an advantage.

Now, I would LIKE to find a way to print them onto matching cardboard stock and die cut them to match the existing race banners, power badges, race tokens, etc., but only for aesthetic reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been printing the images either onto sticky paper or regular paper and gluing them to project board I purchased from Staples with a freebie gift card. The board is the same thickness. My cutting isn't as accurate as official pieces so the pieces are a little rougher/bigger but work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mr fakename
msg tools
I used the project board from hobby lobby and sticker paper. Printed using color laser printer.(even though the paper was meant for inkjet, it still came out ok)

I cut all pieces square, using one of those cutting devices that looks like a pizza cutter. Make sure to attach the sticker to the board before cutting so that the edges come out right. Then, sprayed with clear acrylic gloss coating. I am still looking for a way to cut curved surfaces that doesn't involve spending a fortune on a home-use die cutting machine. Best method so far is to use an existing piece and exacto-knife.

My only complaint is that the creator of the compendium did not include overprint, so when the cuts aren't exactly where they are supposed to be, I have little white area's on my pieces. (I could fix myself, but I'm being lazy)

Here is approximate cost:
$5.99 sticker paper (probably cheaper to print on regular paper and use special glue that costs abt 3.99)

$3.99 15" x 20" project board (you really only need about half this amount)

$5.99 Clear Acrylic Gloss Coating (I used tree house studio cause it was the first can i found that was ok for use on paper. Might be cheaper or better products available. I don't really know a lot about coatings)

Total $15.97 - but you could really print 2 compendiums

Total time was about 2 1/2 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skoehn wrote:
I used the project board from hobby lobby and sticker paper. Printed using color laser printer.(even though the paper was meant for inkjet, it still came out ok)

I cut all pieces square, using one of those cutting devices that looks like a pizza cutter. Make sure to attach the sticker to the board before cutting so that the edges come out right. Then, sprayed with clear acrylic gloss coating. I am still looking for a way to cut curved surfaces that doesn't involve spending a fortune on a home-use die cutting machine. Best method so far is to use an existing piece and exacto-knife.

My only complaint is that the creator of the compendium did not include overprint, so when the cuts aren't exactly where they are supposed to be, I have little white area's on my pieces. (I could fix myself, but I'm being lazy)

Here is approximate cost:
$5.99 sticker paper (probably cheaper to print on regular paper and use special glue that costs abt 3.99)

$3.99 15" x 20" project board (you really only need about half this amount)

$5.99 Clear Acrylic Gloss Coating (I used tree house studio cause it was the first can i found that was ok for use on paper. Might be cheaper or better products available. I don't really know a lot about coatings)

Total $15.97 - but you could really print 2 compendiums

Total time was about 2 1/2 hours.

I wonder if using an exacto knife would be a good thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.