United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Verkisto's 2007-03-13 rules rewrite in the files section:

Quote:
If, at any point after moving passengers, any three tiles on the board are empty of passengers, the entire board restocks with passengers.

This seems to conflict with the English rules my copy came with, but it is not entirely clear:

Quote:
When there are no passengers next to at least three terrain tiles during the turn of a player, 5 passenger discs (= 1 brown disc) are placed next to the corresponding terrain tiles for each station.

So, does anybody know for sure if the implication of the original rules is correct, i.e., "corresponding terrain tiles" means only the three tiles that are empty of passengers are restocked, or is the rewrite correct, and all stations are restocked?

It seems to me that my rules interpretation makes more sense. But you never know. If nobody knows for sure, then, how do you play it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the "corresponding" means "corresponding to the station". I'm fairly sure (but don't have the German rules at hand right now) that the correct way to play is to restock all stations. We played that way and it certainly made sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
robmderrick wrote:
Quote:
When there are no passengers next to at least three terrain tiles during the turn of a player, 5 passenger discs (= 1 brown disc) are placed next to the corresponding terrain tiles for each station.

So, does anybody know for sure if the implication of the original rules is correct, i.e., "corresponding terrain tiles" means only the three tiles that are empty of passengers are restocked, or is the rewrite correct, and all stations are restocked?

It seems to me that my rules interpretation makes more sense. But you never know. If nobody knows for sure, then, how do you play it?

I find a different implication because the rules say "...for each station." Because it says "each" and is talking about stations, my understanding is that all tiles with stations receive new passengers.

I believe the bit about "corresponding terrain tiles" is more about being clear where the passengers go and how to allocate them, not about limiting the restock to the empty tiles.

I would recommend trying it. To put it into context, imagine a situation where 4 or 5 of the tiles are depleted or almost depleted, if only the first three depleted tiles were restocked, it could be quite some time before the other low tiles were actually replenished. This would put some players at a bigger disadvantage than having more passengers than necessary on some overly stocked tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bregovic
Finland
Tampere
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Quote:

According to German rules, you add new passengers to all stations on all tiles. The English translation is unfortunately very ambiguous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.