United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For example, orange is a hopper car (ithink)... does/did Las Vegas have alot of those going through it at one point in history?

Same thing with other spots. Did Miami + Charleston and Denver + Omaha
have alot of whatever type of car the purple train cards represents going back and forth and through those cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is any correlation. There was some early controversy because they had selected a yellow Star of David as a symbol to go along with the box car. Add that it's a "german" style game and it was a huge gaffe to connote that style of correlation.

They changed the symbol at the next printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel van Peenen
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly the types of wagons shown on the cards are German wagon types and were not used in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carrotteer wrote:
If I remember correctly the types of wagons shown on the cards are German wagon types and were not used in the US.
I'm assuming there may be some connection with the German/European maps then? I may have to post this over there, we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be surprised. Those colors/train types are spread around the board for clearly evident design and gameplay reasons. There may be some coincidental link between a few segments' train types and the cities they connect, but that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel van Peenen
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barneyg wrote:
I'd be surprised. Those colors/train types are spread around the board for clearly evident design and gameplay reasons. There may be some coincidental link between a few segments' train types and the cities they connect, but that's it.

I think Barneyg is correct because TTR Europe uses different pictures for the wagon and locomotive cards, see:

image by 7ofAnn
and

image by Matt71

Some are new types (green card) and some are just mirror images (purple card)

I think DOW planned the Marklin edition from the beginning and just picked some pics from the Marklin railway model catalog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carrotteer wrote:
barneyg wrote:

I think Barneyg is correct because TTR Europe uses different pictures for the wagon and locomotive cards, see:

image by 7ofAnn
and

image by Matt71

Some are new types (green card) and some are just mirror images (purple card)

I think DOW planned the Marklin edition from the beginning and just picked some pics from the Marklin railway model catalog.
Yeah, I'm sure it doesn't have any bearing, but if someone would know, it'd likely be here on BGG. The collector's edition that is Marklin is nice. You can just tell people to look at the symbols anyways, since some may look similar to other colors, or how those within a color may look different enough. For all intents and purposes, they probably would've been better just putting a big symbol in the center instead of the same train card image for all the non-Marklin train card decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.