United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
In an effort to strip away any of the individuality of the BattleLore universe, rather than adding to the much needed mythos of the world of Uchronia, new licensed expansions will be added for more accessibility. Folks not familiar with the BattleLore system will take comfort in knowing that characters like the lovable Ross, the crotchety Dr. House and the kind but tactless Kramer will be their constant companions.

Save up lore to reenact some of your favorite moments from these memorable episodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Battles of Westeros really an expansion, or a standalone take on the BattleLore engine, using the theme of Song of Ice and Fire? I took the announcement being just Commands & Colors: Battles of Westeros. That is all BattleLore is, just another Commands & Colors game, without the name. Since I already have Ancients, but not BattleLore, I would like to see BoW increase the depth (if possible) and go with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a "Monk" variant: units only do range fire because they don't want to touch each other, and the arrows have to be arranged just so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind a BattleLore: Battle of Serenity Valley expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
baconcow wrote:
Is Battles of Westeros really an expansion, or a standalone take on the BattleLore engine, using the theme of Song of Ice and Fire? I took the announcement being just Commands & Colors: Battles of Westeros. That is all BattleLore is, just another Commands & Colors game, without the name. Since I already have Ancients, but not BattleLore, I would like to see BoW increase the depth (if possible) and go with that.

What about Nascar? People love Nascar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baconcow wrote:

All we know so far is that it is different enough to be not compatible with Battlelore. Petersen described it as a different game than Battlelore that just shares some similarities. It will also be more complex and deeper to encompass "the FFG vision/game style". I like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baconcow wrote:
Is Battles of Westeros really an expansion, or a standalone take on the BattleLore engine, using the theme of Song of Ice and Fire?

It is neither, but certainly stands alone from BattleLore. Granted, I have not played the game, but reading what some who have have written, aside from vestigal mechanics, it is not a C&C game.

Battles of Westeros may interest you as such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baconcow wrote:
That is all BattleLore is, just another Commands & Colors game, without the name.

I disagree with this statement though. The War Council and Lore Deck aspects of BattleLore, not to mention the Creatures and Heroes, make this game quite distinct from the other C&C games. BattleLore is not simply Battle Cry with medieval figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
baconcow wrote:

Short answer: stand-alone take on the BL engine.

Long answer: http://akapastorguy.blogspot.com/2010/02/and-tide-of-iron-is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.