Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There certainly is a dearth of attention to this import only title. To those who own it, how is it with two? Since it has some inspiration from a two player game I would think it should be good, but the ratings are a bit tepid. Can the game be played with Kupferkessel Co.'s rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally tried a couple games with just two players. It's pretty good. Unlike with more players, you definitely benefit by paying attention to what your opponent is collecting and trying to beat them to the majority rather than simply collecting the highest point value cards. Haven't played Kupferfessel but I think the game scaled quite well with two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't played this with two since I also own Kupferkessel Co.

Herr der Ziegen is not a pure retheme, but uses the main mechanism from Kupferkessel Co.

Kupferkessel Co. has 56 cards (4 cards each in 14 suits - with the suits split into 7 colors, two suits of each color). Herr der Ziegen has 90 goat cards, (5 cards each in 18 suits - with no color distinction). In Kupferkessel Co., each player gets a bonus for collecting suits that match their player color. Several of the cards in Kupferkessel Co. have icons that give the player an extra turn immediately or allow them to blow up the top card on their opponents stack, elements that aren't readily available in Herr der Ziegen. I think you might be able to work both of these issues in, but you would need to be creative about which suits matched and how to indicate which cards gave extra turns and explosions. Kupferkessel Co. also has a set of secret goal cards which are not present in Herr der Ziegen.

So, in the end, I suppose you could play Kupferkessel Co. with Herr der Ziegen cards, but you would either have to play a stripped down version, mark up your cards/make pasteups, or create a player aid to track the extra info needed.

None of these options seem that attractive to me, but your mileage may vary.

I hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.