Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] watch [+] MN [+] [View All]
Lance
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I are going to be in the Minneapolis area and I am looking for FLGS recommendations.

I have been to Phoenix Games as well as Source Comics and Games, so we will check those out. I'll probably swing by Games By James while we are at the Mall of America.

We are also planning on checking out the new Fantasy Flight Games Event Center which just opened this weekend.

Are there any other must visit stores for either board games or RPGs?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
You have covered all the ones I know of.

The Source is probably the best one imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are referring to Phoenix Games on Lake Street and Bryant Avenue, it closed a couple years ago (downsized and relocated to Deephaven). Chaos Games opened up shortly thereafter a few blocks over, off of Lake Street and Lyndale Avenue. Tower Games is only a couple miles further south at Nicollet Avenue and 48th Street. Finally, Armored Ogre is a brand new store established about a month ago down in Inver Grove Heights.

Really, though, if you don't want to do a whole lot of running around all over the metro, you can't do better than The Source, and then it's a mere five-minute trip on to the FFG event center.

Enjoy the visit! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cappello
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamers in St. Louis Park is a worthwhile stop. They have a robust board game selection these days. They sometimes have a one-off game on the shelf that isn't available yet - can't explain that - and the staff are very friendly.

http://www.dreamersgames.com/
Dreamers
(952) 938-8163
3015 Utah Ave South
Saint Louis Park, MN 55426

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Burd
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brett is pretty dead-on.

Dreamers, as mentioned above, is awesome - their counterpart in Minneapolis, Monster Den, is also pretty cool. Both of them are more of the CCG & minis crowd. I haven't been to either in over a year though, so things may have changed.

Monster Den is the "friend's basement" kind of store. Huge floor plan, couches, big TVs with Guitar Hero...that sort of thing.

The Source is pretty packed full of product, so browsing boardgames is fun (as long as they're not too busy). They cleared out their demo shelves recently, so I'm not sure what or how many they have these days. I don't frequent stores for gaming purposes.

Tower Games is a more clean-cut look, but carries fewer titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Burd
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Burd wrote:

Tower Games is a more clean-cut look, but carries fewer titles.

I might be thinking of Chaos Games...I've only been in there once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cappello
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tower Games is on Nicollet down near 42nd. Universe/Chaos is at Lyndale and Lake. Both stores are relatively equivalent in terms of Board game stock. If a dude were to have an agenda, it would be Source, Dreamers, Tower, and then Universe/Chaos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kennylibido wrote:
Dreamers in St. Louis Park is a worthwhile stop. They have a robust board game selection these days. They sometimes have a one-off game on the shelf that isn't available yet - can't explain that - and the staff are very friendly.

http://www.dreamersgames.com/
Dreamers
(952) 938-8163
3015 Utah Ave South
Saint Louis Park, MN 55426

Oh man, how could I forget Dreamers?!? I just moved four blocks away from it a couple weeks ago!

zombie zombie zombie zombie zombie shake

Their new space is a huge improvement over their previous location. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Lots of places to check out. Thanks for all the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Village Games in Anoka is excellent, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.