Subject: Pirate's Cove - (mostly for Jorge) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb

Jorge you ask me during my week in the RSP sun how I could possibly like Pirate's Cove since I also like heavy thinking games.

Here is your answer
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52317/item/1212766#ite...

What other game lets me have Threesomes in Taverns with people I was only willing blow ineffectually during previous rounds. laugh

When this game is played with the right combination of fun/crazy/rowdy players it is just raucous merriment from begging to end with laughing, crazy highs and lows the dice rolls induce and blood feuds that carry on to inspire more laughing in following games.

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
AH, so it's not that the game is any good, or that the mechanics of the game even resemble a theme. I'd argue that it's no more thematic than Cartagena.

My argument is that with a group that is trying to have fun despite the game, the same kind of laughs can show up anywhere. You can have your own threeways where everyone ends up scoring in Tikal, a game where scoring is very related to hotness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
AH, so it's not that the game is any good, or that the mechanics of the game even resemble a theme. I'd argue that it's no more thematic than Cartagena.

shake No No No... the mechanics must work with the theme in a synergistic fashion because we feel like Pirates when we play it. Which as much as I love Cartagena I never feel even the least bit agressive or Pirate like during play. Nobody makes Pirate jokes, or talks like a pirate or gets super agressive out of normal character during Cartagena.

Nope Pirate's Cove is the most fun Pirate game I have played yet. And it is always fun to be a pirate for a little while.

Quote:

My argument is that with a group that is trying to have fun despite the game, the same kind of laughs can show up anywhere. You can have your own threeways where everyone ends up scoring in Tikal, a game where scoring is very related to hotness.

I haven't played Tikal yet... but that seems fun. I will put it on my list.

However... I have fun and laughs playing most games with my group. It is a fun group. But Pirate's Cove just sometimes gets really crazy. Which most games don't. That luck and skill combination just works really well with that particular theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should play in our annual "wake up for Gamestorm" Wheedle game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

When and where at GameStorm do you play it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
quozl wrote:

When and where at GameStorm do you play it?

Early in the morning and wherever I happen to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is entirely the reason why I get a nice sadistic spark in my eye when I sit down to play a nice game of Cash 'n' Guns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
Huh, when *I* think of Lynette and Pirate's Cove, I think of this place, near where I used to live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
Huh, when *I* think of Lynette and Pirate's Cove, I think of this place, near where I used to live.

blush Well.... we are making this RSP topical. whistle

But oh honey... AS flattered as I am... trust me you never will want to see me on a nude beach. cry

Even though I would probably love it. I have gone skinny dipping many times in my life. It is the best way to swim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.