Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Schoonmaker-Gates
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received Last Word as a birthday present last night, and we quickly got a game going. It reminded me a lot of Scattergories because you're thinking of things in different categories that start with a certain letter. We had a lot of fun with the game because people for the most part said words that were acceptable words, and if it was questionable, we didn't get bogged down arguing about the validity of the word. For instance, one category was "Things that are found in a backpack". Just about anything that could fit in a backpack, could go in a backpack. I think the winning word was "Fork". My point is, unless everyone in your group enjoys arguing, spend more time playing and less time debating answers. For anyone who has played scattergories before, you know what I mean.

Everyone definitely had a good time, with lots of yelling and a lot of laughing. I would recommend this game, though the game is certainly not for everyone. I will say that my the people I played with are not strategy gamers and they thoroughly enjoyed it. My opinion also is that probably most gamers that frequent Board game Geek would not like this that much, which explains the low rating. That being said though, I'm only giving it a 6 1/2, but I'm guessing my girlfriend and her family would give it an 8 or 9.

Enjoy :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.